“Amazing service. At Four a Seasons Resorts level.”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is amazing. Luxury at its best. Amazing customer service. I believe that is what they do best. You get to meet their staff, they take really good care of you. The only bad encounter I had was when the GM talked loud to one of his best workers in front of people at dinner. He looked really bad.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ice67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Some time back I had rented the Presidential Suite for my wife and I as well as another sweet for a friend who had come to Isla Mujeres to act as my best man. The problem started when we returned to the Hotel following our wedding reception to find we were locked out. After rapping on the door for a good 10 minutes a fellow finally showed up and opened the door for us. The next morning when I called the front desk I was told they were aware we were locked out and sorry the fellow was in the bathroom at the time of our return. That was it!! Well in all my travels that was a first, guests being locked out of the hotel and after having spent a fair amount of money on two suites I decided that sorry did not cut it and checked out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Everything was great. Dinner and breakfast very good with a beautiful view.
Rooms are large and roomy.
Small private beach and pool with great service.
Tosca at the desk was great. It is a bit of a ride from town but the quiet area is also a plus. The private boat that picks you up in Cancun is also convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights, as part of our Honeymoon, in mid September and had a wonderful time.
Our room was a master suite on the third floor. The room was huge with a big and very comfortable bed, a "living room", nice sized shower for 2 and a big balcony, over-looking the ocean, with our own private jacuzzi. Everything was clean and spotless.

The hotel has 3 different pools and a private beach. The pools are very nice and offer different water temperatures. The beach is quite small. Had the hotel been full, it could have been quite crowded (I think more than 10 people on the beach would feel a bit crammed).

Hotel facilities are great and the staff is very pleasant and accommodating - in the restaurant, around the pool and in the room. Their spa is also very nice and pampering, though I have experienced better massages. The only thing that seems a bit off about the hotel is the gym, which is being renovated and looks quite run-down.

The hotel offers various deals on its website and ours included champagne in the room and dinner at the hotel restaurant. The restaurant is very good, with a nice selection and food that is very well cooked and beautifully served. As any other restaurant, after 4 days finding new things to eat that suite your palette can be a bit tricky... I would like to stress that the chef and staff were very attentive to my gluten allergy and offered various substitutes for things I couldn't eat. We had one dinner on the beach, all alone, which was wonderful (and part of the deal).

There is one thing I would like to mention regarding costs: please note that both at the bar and at the restaurant service (around 15%) is automatically charged. This means that although our dinners were pre-paid (and we could choose whatever we wanted in the menu), we did pay for service upon checkout. It wasn't a problem as far as I was concerned but I would have liked to know this in advance.

Also - their pickup service from Cancun airport to the dock and then from the dock to the hotel was great.

To sum up, I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone willing to spend a bit more and get much much more than your average 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank he_who_is_he
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at Villa Roland and we just love the place.
This is a first class resort.
The staff is wonderful and totally responsive to any requests.
We have been there in both high and low seasons and they do a great job
No matter when.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank si3904
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Rolandi was exactly what we were looking for. It was private, romantic, luxurious, comfortable right in the middle of paradise. It has everything you want: private beach, your own jacuzzi on each balcony, a 6-head shower with breathtaking oceanfront views!

We rented golf carts to scoot around the island which was the best option for transportation. My only disappointment was the pizza we ordered at Rolandi (from the Italian Rolandi restaurant in our hotel). We ordered a margherita pizza that was undercooked and loaded with way too much cheese and no basil. It was a disappointment after paying 187 pesos.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTater
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Love Love Love this place. The staff, the food, the quiet, the steam baths in every bathroom which become seriously addictive but I am only giving it four instead of five stars for these reasons. It was not as quiet as it was last year due to Living Social coupons which some large groups purchase and then came together taking over the place with loud noise and music. Speaking of music, the restaurant now plays music continuously, improvisational jazz at 8AM is tough to take and prevent one from just enjoying the scenery serenely. The fitness center is still being rehabed. I requested weights and use the treadmill. This must be updated as must be the entire resort. We walked over to the Isla Mujeres Palace, a brand new, beautiful, gigantic hotel for which Apple Vacations is a supplier. Even in need of a renovation, Roland sparkles because of it's size, it's staff and it's food. Would go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple