Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
$250
$199
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$76
$43
  • Pool
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$357
$220
Official Hotel
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
$269
$229
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$77
  • Breakfast included
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
$248
$207
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
$570
$498
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
$240
$144
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$107
$80
1,582 results
All reviewsle metissageprivate yachtsteam showerthe cocoonjuan carlosplaya lindasalt water jacuzzifrench mexican fusiongolf cartsunset cruiseyacht ridemain poolpool staffmain restaurantprivate jacuzzipublic ferrysmall resort
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on our honeymoon. The views from the room were amazing and very quiet and relaxing. Restaurant was delicious no matter what we ordered. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Victor, the concierge, was so friendly and made our stay even more comfortable. I have been to many resorts over the years and this by far was near the top.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Drkreeg
Reviewed April 1, 2013

OMG, I can not believe that this place exited. I have been all over the world. the BEST customer service ever. the hotel is a piece of ART, the View is breathtaking.....Will go back again next year.. All in ALL it is worth every penny.

1  Thank Moataz E
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for the second time, our first being several years ago during the construction of the new addition. We enjoyed our recent visit very much. Unfortunately, on the day we arrived, although we were picked up at the airport in the van, we were told the Cocoon was not running that afternoon due to wind/waves, so we were taken to the ferry port where we purchased tickets and rode over on the public ferry, then took a taxi to the resort.
Upon arriving at Villa Rolandi, we were greeted with mimosas and given a little info session in the lobby, then shown to our room. We had requested, and were located on the third floor, which is nice with the high ceilings. We were given the room on the end, which has a full sized terrace with lounge chairs and well as a small dining table/chairs. We ended up using it for morning Pilates each day, so that was an added bonus! Also, while sitting in our hot tub, we had a view of the dolphins next door cruising and jumping around!
We had a couple of concerns the first day, one of which was the hot tubs were turned off at night so we could not use them in the morning. The other was that breakfast starts at 7:30 and there was no coffee maker, none in lobby, or anywhere. When my husband talked to our concierge about this, he arranged to have our hot tub on in the mornings, and a carafe of coffee delivered to our room via the cubby door at 5:30 each morning. Heaven! One other blip on the visit, was an error on our bar bill one day which we were not aware of until check out. This was graciously corrected by the front desk person.
Because our departure time was before the Cocoon went into service for the morning, (by 30 min) we had been told there would be an extra charge. However, either due to not having the Cocoon on the trip over, or the fact that there was another couple also leaving eraly, we had no extra charge, which seemed fair to us. The people at Villa Rolandi do want your visit to be special and enjoyable, please ask if there is something lacking!
The resort has two swimming pools and the salt water spa, which we were told is very therapeutic. We are beach people, and never lacked for a chair or a spot in either shade or sun. Looking back at our previous photos, I see that the palm trees grew very fast and offer good shade! The drinks on the beach are reasonably priced, but do check and sign your bill each day before you leave to avoid any issue. Because of the wind, swimming was limited, but I did go out one calmer day to swim with a mask/snorkel. It is mostly sandy but I did see a baracuda, small colorful fish. Later I saw someone snorkeling in front of the restaurant and was going to give that a try, but alas, the waves came up.
We enjoyed walking in the mornings to the south, it was about a 45 minute walk to Punta Sur and shady if you go early. The resort also has a small gym area with treadmills, etc. Taxi ride to downtown was $8us but the front desk will convert money to pesos with a good exchange rate and it made life a lot easier as we went somewhere every day.
The restaurant is very good both food and service. They have preferred seating for hotel guests and a special three course deal that we enjoyed one night.
Spa: Our room rate included two massages which we enjoyed. We were greeted warmly and taken to a changing room with lockers. We were given robes and flip flops and after changing shown to a waiting area to fill out a small form. We were given warm scented shoulder wraps to relax and then given scented oil for our palms and led in a breathing/relaxation exercise, very nice! Although we had not requested it, we had a couples massage, which was nice. I get frequent massages and we have been to a number of destination spas, and our massages were very nice 50 min resort swedish massages. I will say that the next morning, I did not have the stiffness in my neck and back that I had previously, so while relaxing, my massage also had some lasting benefit. The prices for services were a little high compared to similar places we have been, but, if you can get all or part of it included in your room package, I highly recommend it as a part of your whole vacation expereince.
When booking, I would certainly see what packages are availalbe. I thought we got a great deal with a week's stay, transportation to and from airport, massages and daily full breakfast. The breakfasts were really good with fruit, bread basket, juice, coffee and your choice of egg dish. We ate in our room each day or you can eat in the restaurant.
Room choices: we stayed in the smaller suites both times and they were very nice. I saw no signs of wear in our suite, the bath had nice tiles, a double shower with steam option, quick hot water. There is a lot of storage in the room and closet. We like the third floor for the high ceiling, but first floor rooms are poolside if you want to be close. Maid service twice daily with fresh towels.
We really enjoyed exploring Isla during our week. We spend time downtown, Playa Norte, mid island, but it was always so nice to come back to our oasis at Rolandi each time!

3  Thank Lovtorun
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We are back from one week vacation on Isla Mujeres. First, I am happy we stayed on Isla Mujeres, which is more charming and relaxing than Cancun. Our stay at Villa Rolandi has been perfect. The rooms are big and well maintained. The jacuzzi on the terrace is fantastic . The only missing item in the room, is a coffee machine. The food is delicious and we took all our dinners in the restaurant. Last, but certainly not least, the service is great, every staff member is very professional and will try to make it easy for you. Thanks to all of them and especially the ones in the restaurant. Villa Rolandi is the place to stay!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Perhaps it's the service, which is truly wonderful at Hotel Villa Rolandi, that inspires all the five star ratings from my fellow reviewers. Otherwise, I'm mystified. It's a pleasant enough place to stay, but does not have anything close to five star facilities.

We stayed here for a week in March 2013. Our room, while very clean and quiet, was also quite dated, with chipped dressers and frayed upholstery. The curtains at our window had unpleasant-looking stains. The lobby was small, busy and contained unremarkable furnishings. One bright spot was the three pools overlooking the shore, which were clean and lovely. Something was strangely lacking even there, though: useful ladders for entry and exit at two of the three. The sole ladder at one pool has handrails that end just above the waterline, which is not high enough to be useful, and another very pretty pool simply lacks any mechanism to exit it other than sheer scrambling, which is probably fine for younger folks, but was a pain for us seniors.

The dining room is open air, perched attractively over the water with distant views of Cancun. With open air come mosquitos, however, and unless you dine in your room, there is no good way to avoid these dinner "companions." The restaurant's food was tasty and well prepared, and dinner service was routinely attentive, courteous and efficient. In our week-long stay during the busy spring season, however, the nightly specials never varied, which became a bit dull towards the end of our stay, especially as the area near the hotel presents few dining alternatives.

You will be warmly welcomed and attended to if you stay at Villa Rolandi. Just don't expect luxury.

1  Thank UKzealot