Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Playa La Media Luna Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$115
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
$260
$199
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$364
$220
Official Hotel
Hotel La Joya(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$135
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
$255
$207
  • Pool
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
$269
$229
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
$240
$144
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$107
$80
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$86
$77
  • Breakfast included
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
$570
$497
1,587 results
All reviewsle metissageprivate yachtsteam showerthe cocoonjuan carlosplaya lindasalt water jacuzzifrench mexican fusiongolf cartsunset cruiseyacht ridemain poolpool staffmain restaurantprivate jacuzzipublic ferrysmall resort
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed a Villa Rolandi last year and decided to stay on North beach this year. Don't make this mistake. We moved as soon as a room came open and it was like a vacation from our vacation. This place is amazing whether you are in Mexico or U.S. Every room is a suite with a hot tub on your balcony. With the comparison of the hotels, will not go back unless I can stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James T
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having previously visited Villa Rolandi for a meal on the terrace, I was so excited to book a quick get-away with my sister just prior to Christmas. The public grounds of the hotel, the overall amenities and staff were wonderful. The transfer from Cancun via the Cocoon boat, the bed itself and the dual shower-head shower were great. However, I expected a room with a view of the water and instead got one looking at the restaurant roof. Because it was so close to Christmas, staff could not reaccommodate us, and pointed out that many guests book our particular room because of its privacy. Privacy was something we did not needed or wanted :)
My only other complaint other than a few nits about upkeep/maintenance was that there was no in-room coffee/tea maker in the room. I haven't been in a hotel anywhere for longer than I can remember that didn't offer this. The lack of a coffee maker caught me completely off guard.
We also ended up taking a taxi into town to rent golf carts our first evening. Renting through Villa Rolandi required a 24-hour advance notice and the price was considerably higher. The included breakfast was good but not great. I would have preferred a self-serve buffet with yogurt, cold cuts, cereal, etc. rather than table service with a choice of eggs, assorted rolls (no toast/bread), fruit, and coffee/tea. All other options were "extra."
Overall, our experience was nice and I was happy to experience this hotel but am not sure I would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ChicagoJanice
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Overal the experience was excellent, the room was gorgeous, views beautiful, grounds meticulous. Service was inconsistent with a hotel of this caliber.
1. First day at the beach, I didn't tip after my first round, was planning on tipping when I received my bill but didn't see the waiter again for a long time. We were passed over for the people next to us. I had to call the server over, got another round and tipped $5. He came back more frequently after that.
2. Two separate days I ordered yogurt for my wife via room service. Both times they asked specifically which kind and repeated it back with the order. No yogurt was sent either time.
3. Our 2nd beach day we didn't get down until around 1:30. We literally never saw a waiter for 2 hours. He was tending to the pool guests.
These aren't major issues of course, but they are inconsistent with what I'd expect on a property like this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NashtyP
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had a great 4 days at Villa Rolandi in Mid-December. Booked the airport pick-up directly through the hotel for $55usd one-way. Very convenient and nice that the driver waited for us to get through customs for 45 minutes. He took us directly to the Cocoon for the trip to the dock at Rolandi. Victor was waiting for us at the front desk with Mimosas and cool towels. He showed us to our Master Suite #106 which was on the first floor near the end of the corridor. Even though higher floors may have a better view of the ocean having the pool literally feet from your verandah was very nice. Privacy wasn't really a problem either since it is such a small hotel there aren't many people walking around anyway. Even though there was some roadwork going on right in front of the hotel while we were there, noise was never a problem and we slept very well. Very comfortable king bed. The private beach access was just a few steps further. They groomed the beach early each morning and there were always plenty of chairs on both the beach and the pool. No need to rush or save chairs. We had a delicious lunch served to us at the pool on our first day and had breakfast the next at the restaurant. The next two mornings had breakfast on the verandah. Breakfast is served from 7:30 am. Any earlier request I think comes from room service and the service was not quite as elaborate. Since the hotel is sort of remote we took a cab into town and rented a golf cart for two days. This worked out perfectly to stop at all the hangouts that we could fit into the short time that we had there. Cocoon took us back to the mainland right on schedule. Service was excellent - no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim W
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was a bit skeptical that a hotel could truly be as amazing as all of the reviews indicated, boy was I wrong. From the moment you step onto the Cocoon prepare yourself for one of the most unforgettable experiences of your life. I have stayed at many hotels that claim to be five stars and the Villa Rolandi makes these places seem like motel 6.

We booked a master suite and upon checkin were give room 315. The room is above the pool by the spa, overlooking the blue Caribbean sea and Cancun skyline. The room is huge and and provides pure luxury from the oversized steam shower for two to your own private hot tub on the terrace. The package we booked included full breakfast every morning which we chose to have on the balcony. It was pretty rough to gaze out at the fantastic view while enjoying some huevo rancheros but somehow we managed.

Despite the luxurious rooms the thing that really makes staying at the Rolandi such a fantastic experience is the staff and the service they provide. Its not just a few of the staff the deliver exceptional service it is everyone who works here. From Victor, who will arrange anything you need, to the gardeners the service is unbelievable. This fantastic service starts even before you check in. As soon as you email Victor to arrange for the transfer on the Cocoon the service begins. The only complaint I have about the Rolandi is that sooner or later you have to check out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple