“A good value”

Hotel Posada Del Mar
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Posada has many positives including it's prime location across from the beautiful stretch of playa norte. Romi makes killer margaritas and the poolside bar area feels tropical and relaxing. The grounds are very nice, and best of all: PRICE. You can't beat it for the location. We also appreciated the cold water cooler in the lobby.

The rooms are very basic and the AC unit was so loud and roaring we kept it off most nights. We just can't justify spending more on a room because Isla is far too inviting to spend much time holed up there. We were just there to wash and sleep, so it worked for us. I would probably return and if you don't expect anything luxurious, you will enjoy the extra pesos you save by staying here. Go spend them in the delicious restaurants or on beach drinks. Enjoy~

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IslandSeekers817
There are newer reviews for Hotel Posada Del Mar

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I first stayed at Posada del Mar 15 years ago and always carried the memory of that trip. I went back at the end of April this year and while the hotel has expanded and renewed it still retained it fabulous service, spacious and clean rooms and great location. It's also an amazing price for what you get. It's right on the main " public beach" which is gorgeous, a short walk from the Ferry dock, the shops and restaurants and a short hop the Playa Norte. Despite it being on the main beach drag, it is SUPER quiet at night.

Our room was huge with a balcony and a view of the beach. The room was clean and simply appointed and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The ceiling fan was perfect since we don't like air-conditioning. The pool was a great place to lounge after a long morning of snorkeling and diving and the open air bar/ lounge looking out to the beach makes great drinks and delicious snacks.

The only thing I would suggest to the Hotel is that they paint the front of the Hotel and update the reception area. You can see the hotel from the Ferry as you arrive and if I was looking for a place to stay without a reservation I wouldn't go there just from looking at the facade.

However, If you want an clean and spacious affordable hotel right smack in the best that Isla Mujeres has to offer, then Posada del Mar is it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shopony
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Posada is fantastic! First off, if you're looking for some big, extravagant palace type place this hotel isn't for you... as a matter of fact, Isla is not for you either! Isla is a small quaint island with a more old time Mexico feel - it's not built up and annoying like Cancun, Playa del Carmen.. etc. Anyways! The Posada staff are very willing to help with anything you need. While we were down there my husband and I got married and they went above and beyond for everything to make sure our stay was the best it could be! They keep the complex very clean, the pool is also clean (it does get sand in it as there is sand everywhere within the complex of the Posada but if you do your part to wash sand off before you get in the pool then the problem is solved!) We stayed in the new building and WOW! I did not expect to have such a fantastic looking room for such a low rate! The shower was extremely cool with a view through window. Every afternoon we'd come back to our room with it looking spotless from the maids. The maids were also very accomidating to our schedule - our 13 month old son was with and needed naps everyday right when the maid came but I kindly asked her for a half an hour long (in Spanish, many don't speak much English on the island) and she had no problem at all with it. She has 17 grand children so knows the drill! :) The staff are fantastic! Romi's bar is an amazing time and part of the whole character is because of the workers. We miss Romi, Lee, Julia and Victor! They're a big part of the reason we want to go back! I don't have one complaint against staying at the Posada - we're in the process of planning our next trip back! The location to everything CANNOT be beat!

Room Tip: The new building is great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kbackowski
Reviewed April 26, 2011

It is not the newest but, it is clean, staff is great. I have stayed there twice, and I will be going back in Sept. I had hot water for showers, and the food is good as well. Romy is the best.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patty123z
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We had our daughter's wedding and reception at the Posada in April. nacho, Paula and staff did an incredible job. Very stress free and beautiful. Thank you for an incredible time!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed at Posada for a week and I can surely say I would go back any time!
The reviews I had read were mixed, but given their prices I thought I should give it a try and I was happily surprised!

Admittedly the hotel is not a luxury one, but it is clean, well-maintained, and has everything one needs. We were staying in the "new section" so the rooms looked very nice. For $70 (complimentary breakfast included) we got a room with a view to the pool and the beach!

Posada is all about LOCATION. It is literally on the beach (the best beach of the island was a 3min walk) with all the shops and restaurants a minute away. Since this was primarily a dive trip, one additional advantage was the proximity to crystal dive shop--just 1 minute away.

The pool bar was nice and cool, while the staff was always very helpful and friendly ready to start a conversation if you were up for it.

So all in all, it was one of the best experiences I had on a Caribbean island and I would totally recommend it for a laid back vacation with easy access to the beach, perfect for water sports, making friends, and good food.

Room Tip: Ask for the new building.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MyIsla
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Just got back from our 4th stay at hotel Posada Del Mar and had a great stay as always.
The entire staff are wonderful and hard working to make your visit as pleasurable as possible, especially Nacho, Romi& Lee.
You can't beat the location, it's in close proximity to the beach, restaurants and shops. Everything is right there within walking distance. Very safe to walk anywhere and people are helpful and friendly.
The grounds of the hotel are kept up nice by Vidal and others with flowering shrubs and trees. They all work hard at it too. You hear the different bird calls in the morning as the day begins.
The housekeepers come in everyday and change the sheets and clean and take care of you nicely.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, You have beach priviledges with towels & chairs. The pool., and continental breakfast all included. This hotel is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: we like ground floor ,new building1
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family