“Wish I could actually rate it”
Review of Hacienda Mundaca

Hacienda Mundaca
Ranked #33 of 47 things to do in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: House of a slave trader built in the 19th century.
Round Rock, TX
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Wish I could actually rate it”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If I could have ever gotten in, maybe I could give it more stars. This is something I REALLY wanted to do. We went for three straight days while we had our golf cart, and it was closed every single day. No one ever knew when it would be open again, though it is supposed to be open from like 9-5 every day and we always went between 10:30 and 3:00. I am SO bummed about this!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cdnusbaum

Manning, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Closed”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent ten days in Isla and the entire time we were there,Mundaca was closed. We asked several ppl for answers but noone knew a reason. Really wanted to see it. The place looks very interesting from the place entrance.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank rocky-n-beefy
Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ZUMBA!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I got to teach a Zumba class at the Hacienda while I was on vacation - I LOVED IT! I was going to take the class and instead, I got to teach! What an awesome experience!!!

Visited April 2013
Quebec City, Canada
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 740 helpful votes
“Worth for the price”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Its a nice place for 20/30 minutes there is the house of Mundaca and a nice walk for 30 pesos is worth for the price just check my pics.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank moineauQc
London, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“What a shame”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place has really suffered from a lack of funding and care. It is overgrown, has some a limited exhibition - but all only in Spanish (which is quite typical in Mexico, they don't translate as other countries in museums). I explored hoping to discover a hidden gem but sadly it was missing. I get the feeling it should be a place celebrated but needs attention to make in a worthy attraction.

Visited April 2013