“Eh, I would not spend my money here”

Garrafon Natural Reef Park
Isla Mujeres Garrafon Natural Reef Park VIP Pass
$69.00*
Drive and Snorkel Jungle Tour from Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Garrafon Park is a natural wonder on the island paradise of Isla Mujeres. With a spectacular reef for snorkeling, sprawling green areas with hammock gardens, cliffside paths, zip lines, kayaks, bicycles and the best views in the Mexican Caribbean, Garrafon Park is the ideal way to spend a day with your loved ones.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Worth, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Eh, I would not spend my money here”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went for the day and spent 60 bucks each. Ships come over from cancun and pollute the area with the party atmosphere and it really is not that kind of place. We stayed on the island and would have rather stayed at playa norte beach.

1 Thank PoshCGR

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“LIKE SNORKELING IN NEW JERSEY”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I only leave a review when I am either very impressed or upset with something. My fiancé and I were so excited to snorkel before we headed back to Cancun. We stopped here on our gold cart and its was the worst mistake ever. We paid $60.00 and as soon as I jumped in the water I knew I made a big mistake. WHERE ARE THE FISH???? Not one fish. I swear to you. As the other reviewers said, its also roped off which makes the experience that much worse. The reason my title for this review is "LIKE SNORKELING IN NEW JERSEY" is because for the rest of our trip we laughed about it saying we just snorkeled in New Jersey. No offense New Jersey, but when you go to a Caribbean island you don't expect to snorkel in green water.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Lino P
Galveston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Deal for your $”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our day at Garrafon Natural Reef Park. We also went to Garrafon de Castille and it does not compare to the Natural Reef Park if you don't mind spending a little more money. For $49 you get an all inclusive day with ziplining, kayaking, snorkeling, bike riding, food and drinks. Service was great and the snorkeling couldn't have been better. The day at Garrafon was the best day of our trip.

1 Thank Nicki H
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt like a theme park”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I personally disliked Garrafon. I will not be back. The techno-Mexican music blaring makes it next to impossible to relax, the food is horrible (fake nacho cheese on the quesadilla and very average dry hamburgers), the constant announcements on the loud speakers is annoying, the places to relax have beautiful views but there is not a swimming beach. The snorkling is lousy- really rough water, very little to see- the reef is dead. The zip line is ok...certainly leaves a lot to be desired. We are a young, adventurous couple, so its not that we dislike fun activities- this place felt like a very poorly done wanna-be theme park instead of a beautiful relaxing getaway. I would rather find a place on Playa Norte and enjoy the water. My husband and I felt that we had wasted a day at Garrafon.

Chicago, Illinois
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to Garrafon twice and both days were fantastic. It hasn't been crowded either time. There are plenty of places to relax and the people are very friendly. It is an easy day trip from Cancun and makes for a nice change of pace. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Evets P