“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Trail, Canada
“Clean and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were very happy, the hotel went out of their way to help us by letting us stay 2 more nights at New Years when all of the hotels in the area were booked. Clean rooms and most rooms have an Ocean view either in front of the harbor or in the back watching the waves roll in. A simple breakfast is included and there are some nice common areas on the main floor. We asked if our room could have a fridge and I kid you not they went out and got a new one for the room, wow. The boss is very friendly, the rest of the staff are ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Globehopperdude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Modern and clean. Right next to ferry. Nice size rooms. Nice shower. Good a/c. Basic breakfast. Staff friendly. Decent value. Soft beds. Didn't try pool. Room facing road didn't bother me too much in terms of noise, nice view of sea

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank KSadvisor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The rooms are basic, bed, TV, Washroom, safe, blow dryer, really nice shower. The important part is they were clean, the bed was a king size, and they were CLEAN!!! The front desk was amazing and so helpful and friendly. They provided us with beach towels, and lots of information on the island, and it is a 2 minute walk to the Ferry terminal. The price was fantastic and they had a nice simple little breakfast with great coffee!
We would stay here again!
A few tips, bring ear plugs, we were on the third floor and we could hear everything on the 4th floor...also the way it is set up, voices carry and you can hear the doors shut like most hotels I find.

Room Tip: Bring Ear Plugs...maybe a cooler if you want cold drinks or any snacks as they don't have a rest...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elaniem
Bourne, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was the first hotel I stayed at when I visited Isla Mujeres. The main reasons were it was new, almost right across from the dock, and I could reserve a room online. I ended up really liking the place and have stayed here one other time. Nice breakfast, small but cute pool, great help at front desk, and the price is a good bargain. The rooms are nice and clean and there was a very nice bathroom and shower and the bed was firm and comfy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank capeChef
Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I got off the Ultramar ferry with a heavy case in the Mexican heat, so I didn't want to go far to my hotel. I needn't have worried. Even with the suitcase, I made it to Bahia Chac Chi in less than five minutes. After this, things got better and better. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating of my limited command of Spanish.

The room was great and far better quality than the £45 I paid for it. The bay view was so picturesque, I went out onto my balcony just as the sun was setting. Although you are over the main road of Isla Mujeres, this isn't such a big deal. Firstly, it's Isla Mujeres! The light traffic is mainly made up of golf carts. Secondly, closing the balcony doors shuts out most of the sound. So I had no problems getting a great night's sleep.

Breakfast was a continental breakfast, but perfect for my purposes. I didn't use the hotel bar, but it is well stocked and open until quite late. The pool was also quiet and a good size, although I didn't use it. Location wise, no worries, because everywhere is close to everything on the island. You can easily walk to anywhere on the north half of the island, although explorations to Punta Sur and so on will require motorised transport of some sort.

In summary, a faultless hotel, that is absolutely wonderful for such a low price.

Room Tip: Go for the bay view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I love this hotel! For a few dollars more per night, grab the bay view side. You face one of the main drags of the island, but traffic noise isn't bad with the sliding doors closed. In exchange for traffic noises, you get an amazing view of the bay and of the Cancun skyline.

Best thing about this hotel? The staff, hands down, are some of the friendliest folks on the island. They did everything possible to make us comfortable. They are the main reason I will be staying with them again for next year's visit. And the rooms are clean and comfortable. I can rarely sleep in hotel beds, but slept wonderfully in my room here.

Amenities include a basic breakfast, a bar for a drink after dinner, towels for the beach, and a very lovely pool for cooling off.

The ONLY suggestion I would make to the management is to look into installing ceiling fans. A lovely fan breeze would cut down on us having to use the A/C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the south are a bit quieter than those facing the bay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LisaCope
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in August, and we spent somewhere between $40-$50/night, I believe. The front desk staff were all incredibly friendly and accomodating. The breakfast is very light - yogurt, fruit, toast, coffee, juice, so if you're looking for something substantial you'll have to go out for breakfast, but this was perfect for my friend (who doesn't eat breakfast) and me. The housekeepers did such a great job - every afternoon when we came back, our room was immaculate. Forewarning: in the US, housekeepers generally don't touch or move your stuff for fear of liability, but our housekeepers here moved our stuff of the beds in order to make them, which didn't bother us in the least. They also made some very cute animals out of the clean towels, which was very fun, and would be even more fun for little kids. As others have noted, we did leave a card in our electricity slot when we left the room so that we could keep the AC on. If you don't want to do this, the rooms cool off very quickly once you turn the AC back on. Overall, we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends