“Most comfortable stay yet on Isla Mujeres”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
La Vida Dulce Casitas
Ranked #11 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Treated our soon to be 21 year old son to an early birthday trip to Isla Mujeres. We have been visiting the island for many years and prefer to do the self catering thing. La Vida Dulce Casitas have a perfect location for our needs. A short one and one half block walk takes you to the Super Express for groceries on the main square. Around the corner is our favorite pharmacy/drug store and the beach is within walking distance. My husband and son dive with Enrique's Unique Dives which is also one and a half blocks away.

Jeri, your hostess, makes you feel welcome from the start. She and her husband have logged a lot of years on the island and offered new "island tips" even for us who have visited for the last eight years. Their reservations system worked perfectly and the website is an accurate depiction of what you get.

I am posting some pictures of the rear unit. Some notes of differences between La Vida Dulce and other places we've stayed on the island: The internet connection worked consistently and was strong in the bedroom of the rear unit. The mini spit a/c was quiet and worked great. The water pressure from the rainhead shower was good and the water heated quickly. Loved having a separate space to hang wet clothes before stepping into the shower. Plenty of American options on tv. Son was very satisfied to flake out on the overstuffed and large twin bed (he's a big boy!) in the living area and watch a movie after a day of diving.

This is our new "first option" for staying on Isla! Thanks Jeri and hope to meet Steve on our next trip. John, Tina and Jared Norris

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank jmn3t

Reviewed September 3, 2009

I've been meaning to write this review for months! My husband and I spent 10 glorious days at La Vida Dulce Casitas. Jeri & Steve were by far the best hosts on Isla! They treated us like family--they even cooked my husband a southern breakfast on our last day there! Their casitas are very lovely and well taken care of. We loved being in town and in the midst of all the action. But even though we were in the middle of town, the noise level was very low. Barry and I can't wait to get back. This time, we might even bring the kids! Thanks for everything Jeri & Steve!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This is our second trip to Isla, and the second time staying here in the past 3 months. The rooms are nice and clean. We have stayed in each unit, both have small kitchenettes. The location is an easy walk from the ferry and right by most restaurants, bars and shopping. You are a short walk to the beaches and the Express store is just a few short blocks away. The owners are great, they intorduced us to the locals and answered questions about different places to go. Without hesitation I would say to my family and friends, this is where you want to stay. The island is truely a special place, and so is La Vida Dulce.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2009

No matter your address in the world La Vida Dulce is a place you will feel comfortable and at home. I have stayed in both units and agree with all that has been posted earlier....the best in room amenities, comfort and attention to design, as well as free wifi and phone calls. Both have divided living and sleep areas, and, if you have a large group the two are adjoining and can be opened to accommodate. I'm very familiar with the island and options for lodging...you cannot beat La Vida Dulce as far as value for dollar spent in the downtown area. These casitas are new and reservations will quickly be difficult to get.

A review would not be complete without mention of the owner/hosts, Steve and Jeri. They are "livin' the dream" and want all who spend time with them to experience a little piece of that. As I said, you will be made to feel at home and comfortable the moment you arrive... and, when you must leave I promise you'll call them friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Everything is top of the line for Jeri and Steve's guest.Comfortable beds,great linen and towels. They even have those hard to find in Mexico speciality items known as washcloths. Seriously,this is a great place to stay in the center of town but only a few blocks from the beach. Jeri and Steve are great hosts. You won't go wrong choosing La Vida Dulce for your home while on Isla Mujeres.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to Isla Mujeres. We spent our stay at La Vida Dulce Casitas, unit #2. Even though there were only two of us in the larger unit it worked perfect. The setup allowed the early riser to close the door to the back half of the unit and watch TV, have use of the half bath and kitchen without bothering the other one still sleeping. The bedroom bath has double sinks so we could get ready at the same time and with the shower being separate the humidity from it was never an issue like in most bathrooms. I loved the lighting because in addition to the electric light there were also plenty of windows and skylights to bring in natural lighting including the glass block section in the wall separating the living room and bedroom (loved it!). The amenities at La Vida Dulce far exceeded our expectations: pillow-top mattress, plush pillows, sheets & towels, free wi-fi & phone calls home, kitchenette w/microwave, pizza oven, fridge, BLENDER, coffee pot, dishes, etc. And those little things we take for granted at home like nice flushing toilets, plenty of hot water, water pressure, a/c, etc., we never gave a second thought to because we had them all at La Vida Dulce. Steve & Jeri, owners/hosts, were extremely knowledgeable about the island and everything is literally right around the corner or down a block. And even though we were staying around the corner from downtown our sleep was never disturbed by any noises. In fact, after dinner one evening my husband and I came back to our room and went up to the rooftop (there’s a nice area on the roof with chairs, plants, etc. for guests to relax) and we sat and listened to mariachi bands playing in the distance. Other than renting a golf cart one day to drive to the south end of the island we were able to walk everywhere else we wanted to go. It’s obvious Steve & Jeri put an extreme amount of thought into the design of this place in order to make it mucho comfortable for their guests. Thank you & we’ll be back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candst
Reviewed May 5, 2009

but it wouldn't be fair to Steve and Jeri...who embraced me as part of their wonderful extended Iowa collection of friends and family, who come and go at La Vida Dulce! I stay there for 3 weeks in Febryuary, and by the time I left I felt as if I were leaving family behind.
This was my 12th visit to Isla Mujeres, I have stayed in many different types of accomodations on the island. This one suit me perfectly. All the previous reviews have outline the property very well, everything I needed was right there for me. I could have stayed forever! The location is great, one block off the main street, Hildalgo, and only a block or two from the beach. The orange juice man is around the corner, and the "Rib Guy" just two blocks up...this is the place to be to soak up the rhythm of life in a little Mexican seaside town.

I've already made my reservations for next year...but don't know if I can stay away that long! Stve and Jeri are wonderful and you will love La Vida Dulce...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo