“Clean, comfy and close to everything” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Vida Dulce Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
La Vida Dulce Casitas
Ranked #10 of 34 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Clean, comfy and close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed here for three days because of positive TA reviews. Our room was clean, the AC worked well and it is located centrally in town. The hosts made sure we were comfortable and left us to do our own thing. We are the type of independent travelers who do not want to be catered on, and do not want maids knocking on the door to clean our room. We can make our own bed and reuse our towels, thank you very much! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Great stay @ La Vida Dulce....wonderful hosts, great beds, showers, etc and the location can not be beat. Very laid back and peaceful...just what we wanted for our island getaway. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Athabasca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

If you are looking for a nice friendly place to hang your hat and meet some great people then La Vida is exactly what you are looking for. A friend of mine who spends a considerable amount of time in Isla recommended this spacious, up to date, bed and breakfast to me without reservation, and I am so glad she did.
La Vida is extremely close to all the sights and sounds of Isla, but the feel of this great place, along with the Owners, made my stay truly memorable.
Til we meet again!

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

Had a fabulous time here, would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly, clean, spacious, convenient spot...perfect for families (the back apartment has two big bedrooms, each with its own bath, plus a great little kitchen), reunions or groups (the rooftop patio is great as a sunny meeting place, with a super blow up pool, too boot :) or couples who can appreciate a free call home to check on the kids. Its an easy two blocks to the ferry, and two beaches are five minutes away. Plus, an awesome breakfast/lunch joint is just outside the door. Get the shredded chicken on tortillas for breakfast. The major shopping street, with lots of restaurant choices, is just around the corner. Jeri and Steve are super helpful, and after driving around the Yucatan checking out the ruins, we were happy to get directions in English. I went with my sister and our mother, who was celebrating her 70th birthday.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Lac La Biche
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Our hosts Steve and Jeri make staying at this small hotel an experience.

We stayed here last year and loved it so much we returned this year.

The one bedroom suites are spacious and clean. The rooms are cleaned a couple of times a week. The beds and showers are great.

While we were not on the beach the hospitality, cleanliness and convience more than make up for it and the beach is only a short walk away. The hotel is close to Hidalgo with it's numerous restaurants and shops. Steve and Jeri are also very helpful in connecting you to activities you may be interesed in.

Once you've stayed here once, you will be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doyoumissme
Eastchester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is my third stay at La Vida Dulce and my 12th trip to Isla. As far as I am concerned, there is no other place for me to stay. Steve and Jeri have become like family, you will never meet more wonderful people than the two of them. They have combined their Iowa-bred caring and compassion with the Margarita-ville lifestyle of Isla to create a special "Happy Place"...the magic which is La Vida Dulce.

Describing the rooms here would be redundant, as all that has been previously said is true. You should know they are almost finished a third/fourth apt./room upstairs that is going to be equally wonderful. It is a "Suite" of two bedrooms with a kitchenette in between. It can be rented as two bedrooms (and two baths) with the kitchen, as one bedroom only (That will have microwave/fridge in the room), or the other bedroom with the kitchenette only. It is going to be just as nice as the other apts. that have been described, and one room has a king-sized bed.

As a solo woman traveler, I feel very, very safe at Steve and Jeri's...and I am never lonely. If you are a private person, they respect your privacy, but if you are a social animal, there is a rollicking good time to be had in the space we affectionately call "El Patio"...the outdoor kitchen/dining area Steve and Jeri share with anyone who drops by...It is a magical place filled with a constant stream of laughter and characters...as this couple is greatly loved by many Islenos. A unique and very special place...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank GailMarie47
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Words can’t justly describe our stay at La Vida Dulce. The unit my wife and I stayed in is absolutely perfect, decoratively gorgeous and extremely functional! High pressure, hot showers from under an enormous showerhead that just rain over you. Two mini A/C’s and ceiling fans (living area and bedroom) kept us nice and cool. We’ve stayed @ 4 star resorts in the past and sweated it out in our rooms on more than one occasion. You have a separate bedroom! Bed was extremely comfortable w/ soft linens. Not the slab of concrete I’m accustomed to in Mexico. Kitchenette including coffee maker, microwave/pizza oven and fridge provided the perfect setup for my wife and I who frequented the local grocery store which is a couple minutes walk from your room. Free Wi-Fi and calling to the US and Canada! Location: WOW! La Vida Dulce is literally just minutes from everything on foot: Playa Norte- most beautiful beach on the island (my opinion), shopping- practically right around the corner, restaurants galore- I would never cheat myself from the wonderful, eclectic food offered on Isla Mujeres by doing all-inclusive. We did most of our adventuring on foot. The few times we traveled south was a less than $4 cab ride. I can’t say enough about our hosts Jeri and Steve. They were the icing on the cake! With my wife and I only speaking pocito espanol, I relied heavily on where the finds were: ice, silver, restaurants, televised NFL, money exchange and any other ins and outs I inquired about or they thought I should be aware of. I can’t get over their great sense of humor and genuine, overwhelming accommodations that only they make possible. They love the island life and it shows! I laughed till my side almost spilt from chit chatting w/ with Jeri and Steve. These people are like family now, and we will be back soon to revisit the superb experience that started w/ La Vida Dulce.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple