“WOW”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you go to the Island get your golf cart and get to the Soggy Peso. The people, location, bar, service, food and atosphere are great. We didn't stay there but you can in a really nice room...they only have 3 at a very reasonable price! We loved the place so much we started there went around the island and finished there!!!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank BriN188

Oakton, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendly bartenders, great food and drinks”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After exploring a few different palapa bars on Isla, I ended up at Soggy Peso several times. Each time, the staff went out of their way to greet me by name and were friendly and welcoming to everyone. The bar area is cozy and intimate, so you'll be entertained by the bartenders and fellow travelers. If you're lucky, your fellow travelers will be great, but if you're not, you might run into some rather obnoxious Americans. I'm looking at you, Texans.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the margaritas are delicious but deceptively potent, and you can expect to be overserved, so plan your night and recovery the next morning accordingly. I had two memorable meals here. The shrimp ceviche was fresh and delicious, surprisingly some of the best I had on Isla. The shrimp tacos were more in line with bar food, but the very best bar food.

The prime hours to visit are about 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM; like other bars on Isla, most everything begins shutting down around 9:00 or 10:00 PM.

Visited March 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great bar with Great Margaritas”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I along with two other couples opened this bar one morning on a recent trip to Isla Mujeres. We were out for a mid morning walk as our early morning walk was shelved due to rain. We met up with the owner on the way by to visit the Yacht Club. On our return trip we stopped in to 'get where we wanted to go' with some margaritas. It didn't take long. Neat place. Very friendly owner. Great Service. Great Price. Great Margaritas. Don't let the owner tell you that Trip Advisor isn't accurate!

Visited February 2013
“One of the best bartenders”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Yoyo is one of the friendliest bartenders I have ever met. He makes a great drink (wonderful bloody mary) and made us feel welcome during our stops while on the island.

Krakow, Poland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best overall hangout bar on Isla...hands down!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Being a New Orleans raised person,being a judge of the best overall bar/rest. on Isla has to go to SOGGY PESO...intermingled with Fredy's great personality and best margaritas....the SP offers a great laid back ownership with Sally and Mal...wonderful hosts...great staff with Yo Yo and Gustav...always filled with eccentric locals and sprinkled with fun loving tourists....the bar food far excels the competitive chaos of hidalgo st...prices are lower and the food served cooked with love ...tonite i had the cheeseburger which,hands down,is the tastiest and best burger on island.
After tasting Fredy's burger,i will eliminate the 2 other joints which also claim the best burger.
I did the taste test and SP is the winner.
Thanks to everyone at SP for giving me everything i enjoy when living in the Caribbean,
Already thinking about my next Margarita and awesome cheeseburger!

Visited May 2012