“Best Enchiladas Suiza Ever”
Review of Amigos

Amigos
Ranked #28 of 233 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Several things are good to eat here but the enchiladas suiza are to die for. The salsas are delicious as well as the margaritas. Friendly service.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really have lost count but I think this was about our 6th or 7th visit to this small restaurant. A number of years ago, a friend told us about the specialty of the house which is fish baked in salt.
You must make a reservation for this delightful fish dinner at least 24 hours in advance. This gives the proprietor time to make sure you have the freshest fish available for your number of diners. In past years, we have gotten grouper and redfish. This year we were treated to some of the finest red snapper I've ever tasted for our party of seven. The price usually varies but I'm thinking this amounted to around $20usd per person including drinks etc. -- be sure to order some additional veggies if you are so inclined. Every time we make this order it is a show for all passing by when they bring out the fish and crack it open. Make sure you have an outside table. It usually attracts a crowd who wants to know what its all about. We have eaten here and ordered other things which always have been good and fresh. This fish baked in salt is always the highlight of our Isla Mujeres visit. Can't wait until next time.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I didn't ordered anything fancy and I don't have a sensitive stomach. I am positive that I got sick from my meal at this place. I had salsa and chips and enchiladas suise. The food tasted decent but let's just say I saw it later that night in the toilet. Not a good experience. My friend was also sick from her pizza or the salsa and chips. I won't return.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Amazing fresh and well loved food. The Matriarch runs the place and is very proud of the place.
Perfect Chili Relleno. Clean, Clean... great for kids, fast service.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This has been our favorite place to eat on Isla since 2004 or so. Actually my favorite place to eat breakfast in North America. I love the spinach omlette with verde sauce and some version of hash browns for breakfast (and great OJ). Can be a little hot on Hildago so don't go too late in the morning to sit on the street. Think it's open pretty early like maybe 7AM unlike most places downtown. We also love the enchiladas suisse and the pizza, of all things. Get the base pizza and ask for jalapenos and avacodo on the side and throw these on both. Wife said the lime soup was just ok (she likes more lime in it).

Excellent service as well. I believe the owner's name is Ernesto. About 10 years ago, I asked him about the best place for carnitas tacos and he stopped everything and walked us over to the place he recommended. Good stuff.

1  Thank BigMo_28