“Excellent”

Lolo Lorena
Ranked #4 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Lolo Lorena will not be taking reservations until December 2015 while she is recovering from surgery. we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are in town, I suggest you make a reservation. It's a unique experience where Lolo takes great care and pride in her food. She's an extremely personable host and the food was EXCELLENT. The truffle risotto was some of the best I've ever had. I've been to some excellent restaurants in my life and I will never forget this experience. The entire staff gets a round of applause.

1  Thank dannymur2002

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I were only on the island 3 days, and so I didn't want to miss a single special thing to do in Isla. From the awesome TripAdvisor reviews, I made sure we dined with Lorena for our special "last night" - I am SO glad we did! During our golf cart tour, we found her restaurant, and went inside to make a reservation (you must do this) - Lorena and Omar gave us a fabulous tour of the place, including the rooms to rent (they are so special and cute!). We went the next night - meals start at 8pm, bring your own wine or beer, and we dined with other people we met that night who were also from Texas! It was SO fun! There were so many different kinds of food on the 5 courses, and each are plated so well. Julie, the waitress, was so friendly and helpful as well. Just like the other reviews said, you truly feel at home, on the back patio with other new friends. She lets you stay as long as you like, and makes sure you enjoy it.

Tips - make a reservation, and do not cancel it, or worse, like our night, 8 people were "no-shows" and all that hard work and food prep went to waste! Rude people! :(
All meals cost $35 + tip, just be ready for that. But it's so worth it, even when you were like us, a young couple on a tight budget!

Basically, this place is so unlike any other on the island, you must go see it - it is very memorable! :) We will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

During our 12 day stay, we had the pleasure of dining with
Lolo on 2 evenings. The food was outstanding! We had the opportunity to meet many new friends from all over the country and Lolo's humor was an experience in itself! When in Isla, we would not think of missing Lolo's !

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Once again Lolo out did herself on the food. By far my favorite restaurant for the food and the experience. This trip we meet some wonderful people from Texas, New York and Ohio!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our first time visit to Lolo's. she is an amazing chef and hostess. We recommend dining with her in her backyard courtyard for a unique and amazing experience. We met many new friends and enjoyed the conversation and ambiance. It is a total evening of dining and entertainment along with very unique courses. We highly recommend dining with Lolo and plan on returning in the near future. Thank you Lolo for making a special birthday evening for my husband Jim.