“Lovelove Lolo!”

Lolo Lorena
Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Lolo Lorena will not be taking reservations until December 2015 while she is recovering from surgery. we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovelove Lolo!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love this place, it's the 5th time I've been to Lolo's over the years and it's always a highlight of my visit. Lorena has such a warm and generous spirit and it comes through in her food and how she hosts her guests. It's a beautiful space, dining al fresco in her courtyard - it feels like a secret garden. You get course after course of beautiful looking and tasting food, I wish all my meals were this long and luxurious. Bring your own wine and be prepared to have a social evening. The mojito's are really good too. Loved the entertainment, she had a fire dancer performing poolside. You never know what surprises are in store at Lolo's but I have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Groton, Massachusetts
“Another wonderful experience!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We live on Isla for several months a year, so we do not dine out as much as vacationers. However, we always seem to find ourselves at Lolo Lorena when we want a memorable dining experience. Lolo has never failed to please us with her unique, delicious menu choices. On our recent visit, there were a total of 4 couples for dinner. This made for a quite intimate dining experience. The conversation flowed all evening, and the food was, as always, absolutely scrumptious!
Lolo was the perfect chef and hostess. She welcomed each guest individually, then as a group, explaining the menu. The courses consisted of cheese stuffed baby zucchini, followed by a thai salad topped with grilled shrimp, wild mushroom risotto, then cucumbers with yogurt and fresh dill (served as a palate cleanser). The main course was tenderloin of beef with a green peppercorn sauce, atop dauphinose potatoes. Everything was incredibly delicious as well as beautifully presented. I wish l could pick a favorite course, but everything was so good l really couldn't choose one. Dessert was also fabulous! Lolo served 9 mini desserts, all completely decadent. We had another incredible dining experience with our favorite chef on Isla. We will be back!

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Some Enchanted Evening”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After visiting Lolo's last year, we knew to make our reservation well before we left for Isla. I say "visiting" because that is what dinner at Lolo's is --a visit to a private home with dinner prepared and served by a superior cook and hostess. We enjoy the entire experience -- dining with adventurous locals and vacationers from all over the world, having a meal unlike any other on the island, and chatting and sharing with a wonderful, warm, charming personality in her well-appointed abode. The generous and lengthy reviews about the food and experience speak for themselves -- we'll be visiting Lolo whenever we are lucky enough to be in Isla.

Milwaukee, WI
“C'est magnifique! Es fantástico! Wonderful culinary & social experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I finally heard about lolo's I was already on the island and afraid I would not be able to get reservations during my week-long stay. I was delighted to get same-day reservations via posting on her facebook wall due to a cancellation. She's frequently on facebook and responds quickly to posts.

Dinner was at 8 and bring your own wine (Or anything else you would like to drink). Prix fixe meal for four courses is $35 USD. You can pay via paypal or cash. They also serve mojito's for $5 US. Seating is communal. This was a bigger group so there were two seperate tables. My travel companion and I were with some expats, locals and vacationers. Everyone was cordial and friendly and it quickly felt like we had become good friends.

There is no menu here but Lolo does accommodate food allergies, preferences, etc and it changes everynight. She announced the menu shortly after everyone had arrived and been seated. It was an eclectic mix of cuisines, with an emphasis on fresh ingredients. There are four courses. Food was fantastic and perfectly sized portions. First course was a polenta chip, second course a thai salad with shrimp, third course was a steak, and fourth course was a mini dessert platter. Mini desserts included strawberry soup, frozen tiramisu, rosewater creme, and a candied grape. Really eclectic!

I enjoyed my dinner so much that I made another last minute reservation for my last night in town without my travel partner. I soon forgot I was traveling solo because the dinner group was so accommodating. Because this was a much small group of people, the chef came out and talked to us for a while and after the meal was finished. By the time I left, I felt like I was leaving an old friends house. I cannot wait to go back to Isla and I cannot wait to visit Lolo's again.

• Visited March 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wonderful evening!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a party of 6 and everyone was very impressed. The pation garden was beautiful and very relaxing. I cant remember the names of each dish we were served but I can say everything was outstanding and what a beautiful presentation. It appeared to be about 18 people total there for the 8pm dinner and Lolo and her staff were right on.

Thank you Lolo for a wonderful evening with family. We hope to see you very soon.