“disapointment again...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lolo Lorena

Lolo Lorena
Ranked #11 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lolo Lorena will not be taking reservations until December 2015 while she is recovering from surgery. we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Minneapolis,mn
“disapointment again...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

After a poor dinner a couple of years ago, we thought we would give it another try. Where do I begin? First...there were too many people crammed into the space and it was too warm. Second...Lolo served a French onion soup that was about 2 tablespoons per person. Third...the main course of this 5 course meal was a Shepherds Pie that was essentially ground beef with mashed potatoes on top without any kind of seasoning. No one at the table liked this dinner as a whole. I won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank angelokid
parislola92, Owner at Lolo Lorena, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your evening at Lolo Lorena.
Several diners joined another group at the last minute (which increased the number to 25) in hindsight, I should have not accepted the additional guests. Two items on my menu had to be changed n the middle of my prep to accommodate the additional guests. If you happened to be one of these additional guests, please know that I did my best to make your evening enjoyable instead of turning you away.
My Shepherds pie was made with, beef & pork tenderloin and duck. I do admit it was too dry to my liking as well.
The French Onion soup is meant as a teaser, not a main course, thus the small portion, which I explained when serving.
With the inclement weather, I had no choice but to serve dinner indoors. I am planning to build a larger area indoors in case of bad weather soon.
Again, I am very sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Lolo Lorena.
I appreciate your comments, as well as I appreciate the excellent reviews made by others who were here the same night.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a must do on the island if you're a foodie. Lolo and her staff are incredible & make you feel so welcome. The food was outstanding. Lolo even gave us a tour of her property after dinner. This was definitely the highlight of our trip.

1 Thank Tonya S
Oakville, Canada
“Make a reservation right now and go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Each course shows the love that goes into each morsel she cooks. Not only is the food creative, fresh and delicious, you go away knowing you've had a special night out with a warm and welcoming hostess.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 1uvthe5un
New York City, New York
“Lovely Lolo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you want to feel carried away to another place and time, with a lovely and gracious hostess who will make you feel that you are a special guest eating at her country estate somewhere in Western Europe, go for it. She has a lovely, romantic garden, and she makes whatever strikes her fancy. You'll get about 5 course, and for us that included "one course" of five different desserts. She delights in well-behaved kids; our three-year-old twins did great and ate right along with us (though they are admittedly adventurous eaters used to nice restaurants). If you contact her in advance, she can also plan private dinners for special events. Visit Lolo and feel you've had an extra mini-vacation in the middle of your vacation!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank amy s
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Amazing Evening At Lolo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending an evening at Lolo Lorena's two weeks ago - and it truly was an incredible experience. All of the great reviews are right-on. The ambiance is cozy and quite enchanting. Lolo is beyond friendly, warm and accommodating. And the food was exquisite - every course was truly delicious and served with care in an elegant manner. I've had the pleasure of dining at Lolo's several times, and never once have I been disappointed- quite the opposite. Lolo is a truly gifted chef and hostess, and her restaurant is a unique treasure on Isla.

• Visited February 2013