“Intimate, Beautiful & Absolutely Delicious”
Review of Lolo Lorena

Lolo Lorena
Ranked #5 of 214 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lolo Lorena will not be taking reservations until December 2015 while she is recovering from surgery. we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visting Lorena is always a highlight of Isla Mujeres. We went with our friend who was a Vegetarian and she had absolutely no problem accommodating him. For the rest of us, we had a salad with foie gras (to die for!) a fish casserole (with large prawns!) and a beautiful dessert sampling. The food isn't only tasty, but beautifully prepared! As always, we can't wait to visit again :)

1  Thank rosiesiman

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lolo's was far and away the best meal we had in the Yucatan. Lolo is a remarkable chef, and her food rivals the best meals you're likely to have in any major metropolitan city. Whether it be a eggs scrambled with truffles (breakfast if you happen to be staying there), chocolate mousse, shrimp cassoulet, Thai salad, or whatever strikes her fancy. Just thinking about this is making me salivate. Go. Your taste buds will thank me later.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went to Lolo at the last evening in Isla mujeres, and even though she told us that the other partners for that dinner had rescheduled she would still have us just the two of us. It was an amazing expirience. The hospitality was great, Lolo was great (talked of almost an hour with her about everything), and of course the food was fantastic!

The 5 course meal of Lolo is one of the best meal we ever had.
We started with an appatizre of littel goat cheese burekas, with tziziki on the side, went after that to a wonderful thai salad with very tasty shrimps, aurogula salad with stuffed chicken with an amaizing tomato-cream sauce. For main course we had a filet mignon on a garten style potatos.
The 5 mini desserts were unbelieveable!
Worth much more than the 40$ per person we spent there ( including tip).

If you are in Isla mujeres and you're looking for the best place to eat there, just message Lolo on her facebook, and schedule with her, you won't regret it!

Hope to come back...

Reviewed September 15, 2012

On a recent trip to Isla Mujeres, I had the pleasure of dining at Lolo Lorena…actually WITH Lolo Lorena. It was amazing, fun, and yummy!! A truly unique and special experience that I will treasure always. Lolo is an interesting, beautiful woman who came to the island over 18 years ago and she now hosts private 5-course dinners in her home. Initially when I emailed her to make reservations, she graciously invited me for the following evening, but then the next morning she emailed me and told that even though the other parties had to re-schedule that she would still host me for dinner as I was on a solo vacation.

The dinner was amazing (even scaled down to 3 courses just for me)!!! We began the evening with a glass of champagne. The appetizer was a delectable dish of foie gras on grilled sliced pear with a balsamic glaze. For the entrée, we had truffle risotto with steak and for dessert a wonderful sample of desserts including an amazing, luscious crema with rose water, pear tart, lemon tart, and chocolate mousse. I was so grateful that Lolo still welcomed me in her home and I had such a wonderful time because she actually joined me for dinner. Lolo is very spirited and lively and she shared stories from her interesting and colorful life with me as we talked during dinner. After dinner, she even took me on a tour of her magical and creative home (she also hosts guests in her B&B) filled with her personal designs and gorgeous, intricate tile work. A meal at Lolo Lorena’s is a must if you are ever on Isla Mujeres!!!

1  Thank NyShaw
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

By far our best meal of our trip. An amazing experience. What a deal. Worth so much more than the $ we paid. Would love to have that experience again.

1  Thank Maximosupertramp