“The best food I had on the island, or maybe EVER”
Review of Asia Caribe

Asia Caribe
Ranked #36 of 210 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Iowa City, Iowa
“The best food I had on the island, or maybe EVER”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt my best meal my entire time on Isla Mujeres, and among some of the best seafood I've ever had.

You MUST eat here at least one night if you're staying on the island.

At first I was a little reluctant to eat here, as Asian fusion wasn't exactly the cuisine I had in mind for a Mexican vacation, but after a few nights repeatedly walking past the place on Hidalgo, we decided to give it a go.

We immediately found out the service is great, courteous and prompt. The Maine couple that own the restaurant are extremely friendly and we had a great time talking with them about the island, the food, fish, lifestyle, and everything else.

Even had the service been terrible though I think I'd still give this place 5 stars. I asked el dueno for his recommendation and he suggested the black grouper ( the exact name of the dish escapes me ). Simply the best seafood I've ever had, in fact it's become the standard that I judge every other price of fish I've ate since I had it. (Seriously... Dream hauntingly good.)

Other than that the wine selection is superb, especially compared to some of the places on the island. Their signature appetizers are rib meat pot stickers - they even give free samples - and while pretty good they're nothing compared to the real magic they're creating with their seafood entrees.

Just go, talk with this wonderful couple, and enjoy some of the best food on the island

asiacaribe, Owner at Asia Caribe, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
We are very complimented that we have become your new standard for judging fresh fish. My husband shops for fish almost every day because we sell a lot of it -- particularly in high season. It was probably the pecan-encrusted grouper with tamarind sauce that you had. That dish has been edging out the Sticky Ribs as our most popular. We will hope to see you on a future trip to Isla Mujeres

• Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly with good food and excellent service”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant in the heart of Isla. Owners are vey nice and accommodating. Sample the ribs and you will be hooked! The pecan crusted grouper is also terrific.

Visited February 2014
BC
“Asia Caribe deserves a much Higher Rating!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We've been enjoying some wonderful meals at Asia Caribe ever since they opened. Their rating on here is so not accurate!! Every meal has been delicious and beautifully presented. From the California Special Rolls, to Fish Tacos to Pecan-encrusted Grouper to an outstanding filet mignon. Everything has been perfect! The service is also great. If you've had a great meal at Asia Caribe, please give them a review and get their TA rating to be in the Top 10 where it should be!

• Visited February 2014
asiacaribe, Owner at Asia Caribe, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
We appreciate your vote of confidence and are glad that you enjoyed your meals with us. We find that word of mouth recommendations, Tripadvisor reviews and the sheer number of people walking by and seeing what we do is helping us to build a very loyal clientele. We look forward to seeing you next year!
South Dakota
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The coconut shrimp is wonderful, the lime sauce they serve with it just makes the shrimp better! Best coconut shrimp on the island and I've had many to compare to! The prices are fair and cheaper then just down the block. The service is also excellent, remember you are in Mexico, sit back and enjoy! My hubby had the fish and it also was excellent! The owner personally goes every day to hand pick the seafood as it comes off the boats, it does not get any fresher than that!

• Visited February 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Great food. Good Service. I will return!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Everyone gets snagged in her by samples of sticky ribs! They are good. The menu is a nice fusion style menu. We have had two trips with a variety of diners and everyone enjoyed their food. In my book, that is a good restaurant.

• Visited January 2014