“Second helping”
Review of Asia Caribe

Asia Caribe
Ranked #34 of 218 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We recently revisited this restaurant on the main tourist pedestrian mall. This time we had sushi, and were very happy. The portions were large and the price was quite reasonable. The stir fried vegetables were great, as well as the fried rice. We were not expecting the sushi portions to be so large, so we ordered far more food than we needed. The portion we took home with us made a great snack the next day.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We just went here for dinner and were happy we stopped by! My partner had the pecan-crusted grouper with tamarind sauce, which he really liked (though the sauce was somewhat sweet; the fish was very fresh), and I had stir-fried vegetables with peanut sauce. I loved having a big plate with veggies (and tofu)! It's not something that is that easy to get around here. Furthermore, I can't eat sugar and the waiter was really helpful with this and let me taste some of the peanut sauce beforehand to make sure it was not too sweet. We also talked to the hosts for a bit and they were really friendly as well. A nice dinner!

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped in. Grouper was fantastic love flavor sauce. Our group lived our meals. Glad owners back from Maine. Will return in May .

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here for years. We have brought our friends and family to enjoy the excellent dishes. This a restuarant you want to return to twice in one week. One of our favorites is the Tamarind Grouper. This is THE restaurant we recommend to everyone. Extremely clean and comfortable. We know that the dining experience here will surpass all expectations. The owners and server Reyes are super.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been enjoying Asia Caribe on Isla Mujeres for many years. Their food is always good and we like the personal service. But this year was extra special. Asia had hired a new sushi chef and we were very impressed. My sweetie had salmon sushi mi and it was the best she'd ever had anywhere. She loves sushi and enjoys it whenever possible. I had tuna wrapped with plantain and I was also just delighted. I'd never had anything quite like it. The plantain was sliced very thin and wrapped around the rice and tuna. It added just enough sweetness to the dish. Asia Caribe is certainly on our must go list again next season. I sure hope they've kept their new chef. We've loved other dishes there, but this year was something else.