“Sushi, sushi, sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asia Caribe

Asia Caribe
Ranked #37 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Sushi, sushi, sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been enjoying Asia Caribe on Isla Mujeres for many years. Their food is always good and we like the personal service. But this year was extra special. Asia had hired a new sushi chef and we were very impressed. My sweetie had salmon sushi mi and it was the best she'd ever had anywhere. She loves sushi and enjoys it whenever possible. I had tuna wrapped with plantain and I was also just delighted. I'd never had anything quite like it. The plantain was sliced very thin and wrapped around the rice and tuna. It added just enough sweetness to the dish. Asia Caribe is certainly on our must go list again next season. I sure hope they've kept their new chef. We've loved other dishes there, but this year was something else.

• Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
Oregon Coast
“Friendly, yummy and flexible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

With a few different food allergies in the family, eating out can be tough, but the chef-owner at Asia Caribe created some wonderful, healthy combinations for each member of our family. The other owner, chef's wife, is nothing short of delightful, engaging and helpful. We will be back each year :-)

• Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent food and caring service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a stellar restaurant for Isla Mujeres. The menu is quality and varied; the chefs cook well, including leaving cooked vegetables a little crisp, the wait-staff serves professionally and kindly; the proprietors understand that the customer is paramount. Having eaten in most of the restaurants on the island, I will gladly call Asia Caribe my overall favorite. I should note that my wife and I have probably dined with Asia Caribe at least ten times in the last two years, just as tourists. We will certainly be back. I particularly recommend their own version of Tik en Chik as well as the pecan-crusted grouper.

“Sorry no..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I feel bad writing a not so stellar review because the service was very nice and timely.
However...
The plantain sushi...
Why did I choose that.
I like sushi, I like plantains...
Why not...........
It was so sticky/heavy. Maybe their other sushi were better or the waiter could have advised that its more ideal as dessert?! I don't know, it was just weird.
The plain salmon cone was quite good so it's possible more 'traditional' choices would be totally fine. Hey if you have a sushi craving, try it out.

My husband loved the pork with dark sweet sauce. I tried a bite, it was fresh and tender. Quite delicious!

Atmosphere is a little lacklustre and "cheapey" although you can get a table on the terrace on Hidalgo.

Service was very good and price seemed moderate.

Unfortunately, a forgettable place and not somewhere to go out of ones way for...

1 Thank Heart12345
Lexington, Kentucky
“I am picky, oh so picky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days on Isla Mujeres. While there, I was in my first trimester of pregnancy, which sometimes can be challenging, particularly when it comes food- and quality of service-related sensitivities. Asia Caribe has been wonderful in every way--the hostess was very nice and welcoming, the waiter was very attentive to detail and genuinely willing (and able) to be of the best service, and the food was delicious every single time we dined there (which happened to be many times!). I highly recommend to start with their Chicken Satay and their Miso soup and then just work through their menu as you wish. The chef certainly has very sophisticated taste pitch! Ah, and one more thing - nothing came out of box/can, which I can't tell about some of their neighboring restaurants. This is the second time we are on the island, and this is the second time we are impressed with the restaurant! Lovely experience.