“Yummy and beautiful”
Review of Asia Caribe

Asia Caribe
Ranked #37 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Yummy and beautiful”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We dined at Asia Caribe twice for dinner and twice for dessert and were not disappointed on many levels. Firstly, the food is artfully and tastefully prepared. If for no other reason to return to a restaurant, delicious food is the most important criteria. I am Asian, so I can also vouch that an Asian person would enjoy the dishes too. The sauces are creative and worth the trip alone. We had a shrimp dish made with the ground root of coriander and ginger (I wouldn't mind a slightly larger portion on this one, but what a tangy sauce!), grouper with achiote sauce -- fish was so fresh and moist it practicallly leaped off the plate, and we returned to have the fish again and also added a beef tenderloin. Normally I would not want beef on the island with the plentiful seafood, but this was the last day of our trip after days of fish. Anyway, this was a gigantic portion (for tenderloin standards) and doneness was perfectly medium rare. I also commend the service -- this is something that can be spotty on the island, but our server here was responsive. The owners were on hand and were warm and gracious towards us.

I am surprised by the other eater's report of food poisoning because usually if there is one case, there are multiple cases at one restaurant. (Just think, use of same cutting boards, same ingredients, same cooks, etc.) I have worked in restaurants and I've not heard of one isolated case. Sorry to hear it happening to someone, but probably was from something else.

• Hebrew first
Glen, New Hampshire
“Delicious food and drinks.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Food and drinks to really enjoy while sitting on the sidewalk watching the tourists walk by. Great fun and food for fair prices.

Ellsworth, ME
“Delicious Imaginative Cuisine”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I discovered this place on our first trip to Isla Mujeres last year, and were glad to find the dining experience just as lovely as we remembered it. Starting with Mango Margaritas and Mango Maitais that packed a punch, and moving on to the fresh fish specials the staff recommended to us from an intriguing menu - Tamarind-style fish and Mayan-style fish with tomatoes & green peppers. We normally skip dessert, but the luscious Coconut Cheesecake was worth every calorie! Service was great, and the owners are very pleasant hosts. We will be back!

Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“Very very sick”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I hate to write anything negative as the restaurant, owners and staff are lovely and have obviously put a lot of thought into the menus. The food is actually gorgeous, but having eaten their last night I've had the worst case of food poisoning ever and been up through the whole night. I won't be able to eat for the rest of my holiday now and it's debatable if I can leave my room. Such a pity, but there's loads of good feedback here so I could just be unlucky. I had chicken satay and pecan grouper.

asiacaribe, Owner at Asia Caribe, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
There is no possibility that this person got food poisoning from eating at Asia Caribe. In Mexico, if one develops food poisoning it is very difficult to know exactly what might have caused it. When someone gets sick, they immediately think back to the last thing they ate. All of our fruits and vegetables are treated with an anti-microbial solution, we purchase ice made from purified water and serve only the freshest ingredients. The Isla Mujeres health department routinely requires samples of cooked food from Island restaurants to be tested to insure proper cooking temperatures and that no bacteria is present. We pass with flying colors. The pecan grouper with tamarind sauce has been selling so fast my husband is shopping for fish almost daily. It's too bad she feels her vacation was ruined but she can't attribute it to us.
Texas
“Delicious Fresh Fish”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Last night my hubby and I and another couple had a wonderful dinner at Asia Caribe. I had the delicious toasted pecan encrusted fish with a tasty but lightly spiced tamerind sauce. The veggies were perfect, delightfully al dente. The green curry over fish was the choice of my hubby and he devoured every bite. The service was fast and the host and hostess were entertaining. We shall return again.