“Excellent variety of meals and fantastic atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Mogagua

Cafe Mogagua
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Loved Cafe Mogagua! Stumbled upon it by accident while looking for somewhere to have dinner and now it's by far my favourite place on the island! Amazing steak and the best tiramisu I've ever had. Also has a really great atmosphere with glowing lights, comfy sofas and friendly staff. Great find.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had the American breakfasts, very filling. Ordered mocha frappes, better than Starbucks easily. I can only do decaf which was no problem, they do all of their drinks with espresso so I could get anything on the menu decaf, which is really nice. Our waiter was nice and prompt, we stopped in the next day for frappes to go and he remembered our order from the day before. We were originally on our way to another place which was closed and a local pointed us here, good choice.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Mogagua's location is perfect - right in the heart of downtown Isla, a block away from Hidalgo. The outdoor open area seating is comfortable and relaxing even just to stop by for a coffee or tea. I just wish the service and food was more on par with the fun/hip decor. We had shrimp tacos and a seafood plate that was good, but not great. We had dined at Mogagua the prior year and felt the same: great venue, fun decor, ok food, ok service. We will continue to come to the restaurant for tea and coffee in future visits, but probably won't dine as the food is a bit pricey when you're expecting something a little more unique. We had hoped to have the ahi on the menu but when we ordered, we were told they did not have that. If the staff were more friendly, it could have made a difference for us because we love Isla.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I found this restaurant while exploring Isla and decided to try it. I ordered the Chicken Mogagua and am now their biggest fan - albeit long distance! The chicken breast is stuffed with peaches and cream cheese, and topped with a spinach sauce. Never would have thought to combine those ingredients, but WOW! The tastes and textures just meld together into pure heaven...

The cafe is on the corner of Benito Juarez and Madero - you can't miss it. It's open air, clean, and the staff is very friendly. They have an assortment of books you can read while lounging in the street front chairs; wi-fi if you are so inclined; or just people watching from your table. I can't wait to go back to try something else from their menu.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit at this nice restaurant. We had lunch there and the food and drinks are delicious, and the servings are huge! The fajitas are really good. The staff is super friendly and dedicated. I never saw a bartender spend so much time carefully crushing limes in a mojito to extract all the flavors! We liked it so much that we returned for dinner! The picasso fish or chicken (with spinach sauce and peaches) is amazing! You have to try it!

2  Thank Antoine D