“Solid 5-star restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mango Cafe

Mango Cafe
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Horario 7:00am - 9pm
Chicago, Illinois
“Solid 5-star restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were excited about trying this restaurant after reading about the reviews. No doubt it is a great choice, I can see why it is the top restaurant on the island:

- Our server was very friendly and personable. He was chatty and had a smile on his face all the time. He helped us take a couple pictures and did not complain
- The ambience was really nice. There was a mexican hat and guitars for props which we took picture with and thought it was cute
- Food was amazing: we had pablano from the breakfast menu and chicken tacos from the lunch menu. The pablano came with some salsa (i think) sauce which the server said was made from green tomatoes etc. The chicken tacos came with really yummy peanut sauce. I think the sauces were what stood out

The only slight drawback was the size of the fruit juices. We had watermelon and tamarind juice, which were really good, but kinda small for its size.

Overall, great restaurant. Definitely recommend!

1 Thank violetcraze

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Breakfast on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friends and I heard about this place upon arrival in Isla, and over the week long stay on the island we ate there almost every day. Among the 7 of us, we must have tried everything on the menu. The Eggs Benedict is fantastic. Their 'World Famous' French toast is delicious as well. I also really loved the steak quesadilla. You can't go wrong though. . ..Mayan Scramble, Stuffed Poblano, veggie quesadilla, breakfast quesadilla. . ..it's all good. And the coffee has a chai/cinnamon thing going on as well. It's not exactly 'down town', but if you're on the island you likely have a moped or a golf cart anyway. So, GO HERE!

1 Thank theigham420
Dallas, Texas
“Best food on the Island after one week of dining...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Both my wife and I agree that this immaculate (super clean) little cafe deserves its five star rating. My wife loved the energy and atmosphere immediately. Limited menu is absolute excellence. Go in the morning for breakfast if you don't want to be crowded. We had the chili pablano and the pancakes with eggs and bacon breakfast. It was fabulous to be reminded of what real pancakes are like. The rosemary/orange syrup is to die for, and we also asked for the maple syrup. Both were exquisite and satisfying. The eggs were simple yet outstanding, as was the bacon. My chili pablano stuffed with eggs, bacon(ham) and whatever, lightly breaded, was as good as it gets. Perfection and satisfying as well. The bottomless organic coffee with a touch of cinnamon was a wow, with real cane sugar and milk available. The pricing was moderate to low for a quality breakfast in such a spotless small establishment. We adored this cafe, and the staff. Did I mention how spotlessly clean this place is? Enough for us to make a trip to the Island again just for breakfast, or to try the fish tacos next time!

2 Thank fredvanliew
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Caribbean-Mexican fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The reason for our visit was the high ratings that Mango Cafe had received on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed! We received excellent customer service and ALL staff was attentive to our needs. I tried the fish tacos and a ginger lemonade, which was very good. My girlfriend ordered the eggs benedict with mango juice. She enjoyed her meal...I can tell by the fact that she finished it, which she only does when it is extremely yummy. I would definitely recommend that you try Mango Cafe while you're visiting Isla Mujeres. The food pricing is average for the island, which is still a deal for the quality of food and service you receive. We paid around $315 pesos for our meal, which is average for an inexpensive meal for two. We were paying around $180-$220 pesos for local meals for two, which is cheap and around $500+ pesos for more expensive meals (pricing is for two people for two main dishes, a side and drinks...max 4 drinks). The establishment is intimate (small) though it can accommodate a few large groups. at a time. If you are staying in the "Centro" or around Playa Norte you will need to get a taxi or rent a golf cart/scooter (I rented a golf cart from El Sol rentals, but there are rental places all over) to get their in a reasonable amount of time. Walking is an option if you love loooong walks.

1 Thank Buckw1ld
Indiana
“The best place in the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a lunch at Mango Cafe. Have tried 4 meals. All of them were just delicious! We loved fish tacos and chicken quesadillas! Have tried their juice water - watermelon, tamarind, and mango. We will definitely come back again!