“Number One rating well-deserved!”
Review of Mango Cafe Isla

Mango Cafe Isla
Ranked #2 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Horario 7:00am - 9pm
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Even though this cafe was at the opposite end of the island from our hotel, we HAD to check it out. Positively the best coffee around! And our lunch was fabulous. Pork empanadas, chicken tacos, and fish tacos were ordered in our group and everyone raved. The waiter was a real character (in a good way) and the owner came out to chat about our compliments regarding the color scheme and decor. This should not be missed! Even if it means renting a cart, go for breakfast or lunch when visiting Punta Sur, another must do.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,790)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Even though I don't love French toast or coconut with all these reviews how could I not try the coconut French toast? I'm glad I did it was yummy, no syrup necessary!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stopped at Mango Cafe while on our golf cart tour of the island. It was so delicious! My husband had the best coconut French toast ever and I had the chicken tacos which were equally wonderful! The owner was so personable and the place is clean and the service was quick. We forgot to get pesos before we came in and the owner graciously did the conversion for us and took our American money with no problem. It's definitely a great choice for breakfast or lunch while on Isla Mujeres.

1  Thank Sherilynntr
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Mango cafe came highly recommended from a couple we met at our hotel. They were soooo right. The food was amazing and the staff was so kind. They have free WIFI to add to the experience as well. Worth the trip to the south side if you usually stay on the north side.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went to Mango a couple of times during the trip. Everything we ordered was delicious, I especially loved the fish tacos. The portions are quite large and pretty rich, so I would consider sharing :)