“Lives up to expectations”
Review of Mango Cafe Isla

Mango Cafe Isla
Ranked #3 of 229 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Horario 7:00am - 9pm
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went twice and enjoyed both visits - we felt breakfast beat lunch. The huevos rancheros is outstanding and innovative. The atmosphere sums up Isla, friendly and relaxed.

1  Thank Rumble66
Write a ReviewReviews (3,909)

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We came upon mangos by accident looking for breakfast at another place but they were closed. So we decided to walk and see what was open...Mangos to the rescue.

Small, quaint and very personal. Right on the corner. The service was great. He told us a little bit about the place and the menu and let's just say, it speaks for itself. I had the stuffed poblano the first day. Incredible! The organic coffee, though really strong, was so good. Our last day we ate there and I had the eggs benedict...how do u say this? Holy Wow! I wish I had it the first day, I would have had it twice for sure.

At any rate, this had to be a must try if you visit. Not open for dinner since its about mid island. But everyone has a golf cart or moped they rent so it's a non-issue. Go on, feed yourself...Feed it!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hi from Atlanta. My husband and I ate several times at Mango Cafe May 20-23. We had the best pork empeandas, fish tacos, breakfast sramble of eggs and coconut pancakes out of this world. We met the owner Polo by admiring his old Volkswagen bug. His staff is super friendly and atmosphere a total hit with us. It was fun talking to others on the island where to eat. Everyone we met said "Mango Cafe"... Its the best.

We hope he remembers us I am the red headed lady who brought him customers from the Avalon Resort. We plan on going back next year to eat there again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went for breakfast with friends while there and we all had something different, I had Eggs Benedict, superb and the best I have ever had, one friend had pancakes, bacon and egg which was also great and another the famouse coconut French toast. The food is very unique and some wonderful combinations lead to some great tastes.The prices are very reasonable and the coffee and drinks are also great as is the actual cafe, small but homey. Our only disappointment was we didnt find it sooner!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am not one to eat at the same place twice when on vacation, but I made an exception here and was not disappointed. We went for lunch and breakfast and if I visit the island again, I will definitely eat at Mango Cafe again. It's very small but we never had a problem getting a seat. The owner was very nice and helpful. This is not typical Mexican food, but definitely worth a trip.