“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Horario 7:00am - 9pm
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My fiancee and I went for Monday's Jamaican night! It was fabulous! I can't say enough wonderful things about Mango Cafe's food, owner, and ambiance! It is a must!

There are newer reviews for Mango Cafe Isla

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thank you Polo and staff for making the most DELICIOUS breakfast of all time!!! We enjoyed breakfast here almost every day of our 10 day stay at Casa Roca Caribe (just a stone's throw from the Mango) and felt like family even though we were treated like great friends. I'm pretty sure I had every single item on the breakfast menu by the time we left and have to say that my two favorites were the coconut french toast and the breakfast quesadilla. Yum Yum Yum!!! Stop by and say Hi to Polo....he's a great man and we thank him for all the hard work he puts into his restaurant. It shows!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My last review of this place last year was titled 'my sister's favorite meal on the island'. After visiting the restaurant at least a dozen times since, I must say it is now also my favorite. I have tried everything but one thing on the breakfast menu while I'm less acquainted with the lunch menu (can't seem to stray from those fish and west indies tacos). It is the only restaurant I've visited every time on the island, no matter how short the stay.
The friendly owner Polo puts a lot of love in this place and it shows. He's remodeled over the last year and the friends I recently took for the first time raved not only about the food but also the colourful decor. It was the high point of their day trip.
I discovered my new favorite by asking Sandra, the smiling and efficient waitress, what hers was: huevos rancheros. Eggs served on tortillas layered with frijoles, melted cheese and plantain, covered with a red sauce, topped with sauteed onion, served with a side of carrot-cabbage-coriander coleslaw. The fried plantain bring the taste of those huevos to a different level.
I hope I get to visit this place for a lot of years to come. Good luck to Polo and his team!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My Husband and I went there after seeing all the good reviews here, the place is nice, very clean, but too hot , the service was good, I had the pancakes and nothing special just like the ones I make at home I think my husband liked more than me, but I glad we tried it, If you staying in Playa Norte you need trasportation to get there.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

They make this wonderful "Coconut French Toast" That makes you wanting more. And wonderful cinnamon coffee!
The service was exceptional!