“YUM”

Cool - Homemade Ice Cream & Gallery
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed October 4, 2010

three words..... OMG not a the gelato and sorbets here are the BEST! mango, lemon, etc... soooooooo good!

Reviewed September 1, 2010

COOL by Rosemarie continues to be cool!
For our second visit to Isla Mujeres, my husband and I had plans to re-visit Cool Gelato (now, "Cool by Rosemarie") on our return trip to Isla Mujeres, in part to see what new concoctions she had come up with and in part to enjoy the great ambiance and conversation she provides to her guests. We discovered, however that she has handed the reins over to trusted stewards who have been throughly schooled in the ways and techniques of making her special brand of icy desserts. They are continuously in contact with Rosemarie and are still being visited by repeat customers (like us!) for their tasty treats!  Tonight we had the mandarina and the mocha flavors. Iliana repeatedly assured me, (raved, really) that she took classes from Rosemarie and sure enough the proof is in the ice cream;) Her son Guillermo shows up in the evenings to help close up shop and runs the other parts of the business.  Even though Rosemarie isn't here, we still felt the same vibe and had such a nice conversation with the two of them.  When a business changes hands, a lot of people might feel nervous. Rest assured; COOL Gelato is still the best and it's not going anywhere!

Reviewed March 9, 2010

I have not decided which I love more, the coffe/kaluah or the cinnamon... and my daughter goes for the chocolate every time! Needless to say, you won't go wrong with any flavor - they are all AMAZING!

Reviewed February 20, 2010

The ice cream is good but not really exceptional. I rarely eat ice cream when traveling in other countries but because of the reviews, it seemed like the right thing to do. I would try it again.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

Really good! Homemade ice cream with homemade waffle cones. YUM!!