“Steven P Very Friendly and Clean”
Review of Hotel Xbulu-Ha

Hotel Xbulu-Ha
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have found this to be a very friendly and
reliable place to stay. Whenever I return to the Island I make it a point to stay
here. It is a low to moderately priced Hotel with very friendly staff who try hard to satisfy
any reasonable demand. The owner of the business, Gabriel, is a true gentleman who
deals with his guests in a fair way. I have always felt comfortable and relaxed here. The
cleaning staff are exceptionally warm and friendly, as is the maintenance man, Juan Carlos.
The rooms are cleaned daily in a very satisfactory way. The location is great, close to all
the restaurants and stores. It is only a five to ten minute walk at best to the beaches. I would
recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a comfortable,well managed and moderately priced Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 581SteveP55
There are newer reviews for Hotel Xbulu-Ha

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We are avid scuba divers so we tend to put our money into the diving and go with budget lodgings. That said, budget-priced Hotel Xbulu-Ha is a cut or two above the usual BDA (basic diver accommodations). It is safe and conveniently located right around the corner from two of the islands' best dive operators. The rooms are clean, simply furnished, in good condition, and most appliances (frig, hair dryer, free Wi-Fi, ceiling fans, toilets, inroom safes,TV, AC) function well. The AC in our room cooled the room sufficiently but got very noisy after running for a few hours. Our trip mates didn't mention any problem with theirs. The beds are very, very firm and a little uncomfortable.

The staff at Hotel Xbulu-Ha are it's biggest asset. Juan Carlos and Gabriel accommodated our every request from cheerfully switching my sister's room because it reeked of cigarette smoke from the previous maverick occupant (Xbulu-Ha is a nonsmoking hotel) to providing a bucket in which to rinse our salty dive gear, to letting us use their office printer free of charge to print dive log pages, to taking the time to give us impromptu Spanish lessons, to hauling up to our 2nd floor room a heavy 20 liter bottle of water. The daily maid service was efficient and friendly. Need more towels? No problem. Just walk into the self-serve laundry on the second floor and help yourself.

Would I stay here again? Definitely, yes.

Room Tip: The best room is room #5. This room has only one double bed but has a two-sweater table, flat screen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kristi D
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Avoid this place like the plague. I stayed there one night. My seatic nerve gave out, I tripped and started bleeding. I needed to go to the Hospital . When I returned My luggage was locked up until I paid $ 120 for blood on their motel sheets. I had a Docters notice of a concussion. This place is a total dump and the owner is a thief with no compassion. I have written many suggestions throughout the world where to stay. I promise you I have never had a worse experience. Spare yourself.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank 691Saska
hotelxbuluha, Director General at Hotel Xbulu-Ha, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

It is a shame that this guest think this about the hotel, my staff and me.
But that person forgot telling this:

- She drank some drug with a bottle of alcohol (Vodka).
- My employee found her on the floor and laid her down on the bed.
- I called Red Cross because she was in very bad conditions.
- Both beds and pillows had blood.
- There was puke all over the room.
- I was in the hospital when she arrived with the ambulante.
- The paramedic and I called to her daughter in USA.
- I stored for free all her belongins in the hotel.
- And the worst thing I did was asking her to pay for the stained sheet sets. She paid less of what said in the comment.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My friend and I stayed at Xbulu Ha for 2 weeks in February this year. We felt very comfortable and safe as 2 women travelling here for the 1st time. The owner and his family made us feel so welcome. It was clean, reasonably priced,comfortable and close to everything. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful reliable hotel on Isla Mujeres.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lotustoro
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very clean, friendly and safe place to stay. Offered all we needed for our visit. Would consider staying here again next year! There is construction going on which was a little noisy during the day and the WIFI was a little spotty...but we didn't go to the island to hang out in our room...so it was perfectly fine! Also, Gabriel did tell us to let him know if the construction noise got to be to much.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was nice because we had a nice sunny outdoor space
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melanie W
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed at Xbulu-Ha many times and each time is better than the last! Gabriel is always trying to make improvements. The staff is wonderful. Juan Carlos looks out for the guests and Angelica is super helpful and does a great job on the rooms. The location is great - 6-7 minute walk to North Beach, one block off Hidalgo with all the restaurants and bars. Beach towels and Beach chairs are provided - what a great perk! Rooms are nicely equipped with microwaves, flat screen TVs, blow dryers and mini fridges, super cold A/C and hot water with plenty of water pressure (suites have full size fridge, leather recliners and king size beds). Free WiFi is also a plus.I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Each time I visit, I'm greeted like family. Safe, clean, friendly and a great value!

Room Tip: I like room 1 and 1D overlooking Guerrero and also the new rooftop rooms. The suite on the ground fl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank TravelinwithTracey
hotelxbuluha, Director General at Hotel Xbulu-Ha, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

and I have new projects to improve the hotel service and give the guest more and better facilities.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Xbulu-Ha last April and had a great stay at this budget hotel.
The staff were great and the few small issues we had with room were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
We are looking forward to our return to Hotel Xbulu-Ha next March.
John & Nina