“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa el Pio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Casa el Pio
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have only great things to tell about this place.

We spend 4 nights in room 3, and we were so happy with our choise. The room is bright and we liked it right away. All the facilities like the coffee maker, drinking water, beach towels etc. all made it very easy for us to stay at Casa El Pio. The manager, Steve, from Casa Sirena, is welcoming, friendly and very likeable. He invited us to join him and his guest at the roof top bar, which we enjoyed very much.

Next time we will stay at this place again, no dobt. If you choose this place, you'll have a great time, I'm sure!

Room Tip: We were happy with # 3. It has the best view, it is away from the street and it has a small table ou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Regina, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My friend and I traveled to Isla for the first time last year and lucked out on finding Casa el Pio. Not only is the location perfect, but the accommodations are also perfect. We had the courtyard room and we were able to sit outside each morning for a quick breakfast before heading to the many great places on Isla. We loved having the walkway along the ocean so close and took the opportunity to walk early in the mornings to set the day off right.
The management and staff of this tiny hotel are friendly and eager to help with suggestions. The upkeep is amazing; there is no shortage of care for the rooms and courtyard. And the small pool was perfect for a cool down in the late afternoon.
Thank you for such a great place to rest our lazy bodies after a day at the north beach - it can so exhausting taking in that view all day! We return in March this year to Casa el Pio - YAY

Room Tip: We liked the Courtyard room, however I also think the rooms on the top floor would be grand.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was my third time on Isla Mujeres and the first time for my boyfriend. We absolutely adored Casa El Pio. The room was spacious and quiet, all we could hear was the ocean waves. If you're traveling with small children, the additional day-bed in the room would be perfect for them. A coffee maker and mini-fridge make storing beers and any food a breeze. The location is ideal, only two blocks from the ferry station and a few more blocks from the main drag of restaurants and shops, about a 5-10 minute walk to the beaches on the north end of the island depending on where you decide to set up.The nightlife on Isla Mujeres doesn't get too wild, but you will definitely be far from any street noise at Casa El Pio and get to totally relax. The staff provided everything you could need--beach towels, beach tote, a very thorough guide book to the island and recommendations for booking snorkeling, golf carts, airport transport, etc. Use Mariel at islamujerestrips.com! An added bonus of our stay was being welcomed to join in for the delightful happy hour at Casa Sirena across the street--don't miss that if you can! I would absolutely come back to this gorgeous boutique B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

As Isla Mujeres regulars for 10+ years, we have stayed at several properties on the island. However, we keep going back to Casa el Pio. It offers a great room with a comfortable bed (hard to find on the island). Room 4 is our favorite - spacious and a bit more private with a partial ocean view & sounds. The location just off the main square is perfect - short walk from the ferry dock and close to all the food and fun on Hidalgo but far enough away to avoid all the noise. New Years Eve is the exception - the party music and dancing on the square continued past 9am this year, but we were easily able to fall asleep after enjoying the festivities. And as usual, the property manager was great. Steve was helpful and available to answer questions and offer suggestions. After waking up to the sounds of the waves and the awesome sunrise, I suggest strolling down to Barlito for some fantastic breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 3 & 4 both offer partial ocean view. They are both upstairs (narrow stairs) and more privat...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have stayed at Casa for quite a few years now. Still clean, quiet and quaint. A huge thank you to the interim manager, Steve, who was very kind and helpful! He offered valuable insight about our trip to Merida, hooked us up with great Casa El Pio tee shirts, and even left a Christmas card on our door. Casa El Pio is known as a gem, but so is Steve! We will see you in the next year or two!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a great private patio!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer C
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The first time I visited Isla was as a backpacker in 2005, having a break from junior doctor shifts. That time my budget ( and drinking habits) allowed me to stay at poc na which was awesome but I reckoned I was too old for that now. So I was a bit nervous about returning with my partner, they say it is never as good second time around. Well it was better to be honest. Casa el Pio was quiet and full of character. Room 3 I would choose every time due to the ocean waves. The jet lag allowed me to watch the sunrise from my bed. Fridge had courtesy tequila which was a lovely touch. More importantly the coffee maker also allowed for our tea bags, very important for us Brits.

I strongly recommend this place for its cleanliness, discrete staff and peace. Zamas was again our favourite as it was quiet, Olivia's for Turkish pizza and fruit salad/ nutella +mango crepes from cafe hildalgo. Bally hoo and mango cafe all as good as I remembered. Tried induna charters as well which was fab. I will return and I will seek this place out again ( if it is not booked up already!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

After booking my trip to Isla Mujeres, I realized my time there in early September would be during the rainy season. However I was still excited since it usually doesn't rain all day long and I had reserved the ocean view room at tiny Casa el Pio. I had never been to Isla Mujeres and couldn't visualize the location but the small hotel is located at the south end of Isla's town center. My room at Casa el Pio was quiet, exceptionally clean and the ocean view was fabulous. Even when the weather was stormy, it was exciting to see the wind and waves right outside my window. I loved the intimate environment of a place with only four guest rooms which was very close to the main street, the ferry dock and restaurants. Since the owner of nearby Casa Sirena, Steve, was managing Casa el Pio, I was able to join their happy hour and have delicious breakfasts at Casa Sirena for a small extra cost. After my first convivial happy hour, I decided that it was worth the money since I was traveling alone and enjoyed meeting other travelers. Can't wait to return to the island and stay here again.

Room Tip: No fitness or room service but this doesn't matter to me since I wanted a small hotel like this...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo