“Professional diving experience. ”

Aqua Adventures Eco Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Come Dive With Us! Swim with the Whale Sharks mid May thru Sept! Explore MUSA, the underwater museum. Enjoy the crystal blue waters of Isla Mujeres and Cancun. We are a family owned dive center offering daily tours for certified and uncertified divers, and PADI courses through divemaster. Our goal is to provide you, your friends and family with safe fun aquatic adventures and education! Now you can train/dive with our Ocean Reef Full Face Masks! English speaking staff, Dive, train, whale shark tours, snorkeling, inspected tanks, oxygen on the boats!! Book your adventure today! PADI resort #19146 since 2004.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional diving experience. ”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Jaim is an instructor here. He was so professional and patient whilst we did our open water course. Thanks for the experience of a lifetime mate. We will never forget our experience.

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving Isla Mujeres? Dive with Aqua Adventures!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

After taking "Discover Scuba" at 3 different resorts and completing 6 dives, I decided to finally get my PADI "Open Water" certification. I chose Aqua Adventures and couldn't be happier! The owners, Jim and Daisy, are the friendliest couple you'd like to meet and my instructor, Arturo, could not have been better. I did my e-learning before I arrived and when I got there we hit the ground running. Confined skills and on to the open water. Arturo was attentive and instructive every step of the way. After I finished my class, my wife (who was already certified) joined us for a couple dives. The reefs around Isla are beautiful and the dive masters, Arturo and Wilbert know the areas to go. We saw turtles, a shark, an eagle ray, countless lobster, crab and breath taking coral and structure. The best location was Granpin, if you're comfortable at 50-60 feet with a little current, have them take you there. You won't be disappointed.

All in all, I can't say enough about the experience. Jim, Daisy, Arturo and Wilbert are top notch through and through. Worth a day trip from Cancun even if you're not staying on Isla.

What are you waiting for? Go book your trip now!!!

1 Thank Abcman27
Bar Harbor, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best dive operator on Isla Mujeres imho”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

42 years diving, so I'm confident I can offer guidance.

Great boat - the Amelia is stable and has generous dive platform ith solid foursquare ladder deep enough and high enough to allow easy walk up from dive with tanks on.

Great Dive Masters - Arturo and Wilbur are savvy and well trained by Jim Silver, aan ex-coastie (Coast Guard), as well as their previous extensive experience with other local dive shops..

Flexible for those who know which sites or types of dives they want. Willl guide you or baby you, as you need, or leave you jet around chasing photo ops or communing with nature. Jim insists on safety so they will protect you and the reefs as needed, and will steer you with respect.

Best dives - Manchones 2, Atlantis, Granpin so far. But there are another few that are well worthwhile. Will have dove eighteen tanks with them by the time I leave. My mate will have same. That is buying them 12 at a time (6 each), so it demonstrates they keep getting it right.

Book these folks if you need more proof of 'best' status, and enjoy!

2 Thank W0rldDivers
Scottsdale, Arizona
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Blowing bubbles in Paradise”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Jim, Daisy, Arturo, Oscar, and Wilbert all helped to provide an exceptional diving experience in an idyllic setting! Isla Mujeres is home to crystal-clear Caribbean water, with a wide variety of marine life. We dove three times during our trip our to Isla Mujeres. AAED offers a great package for singles or couples that provides a discount for multiple tanks/trips. We chose the 12-pack, which split 12 air tanks between us. They also have a great "gear valet" service (for an affordable fee) for those who bring their own gear - they will bring it back to the shop after the dives, rinse it, hang it to dry, and store it until you dive again, or until it's time to pack it all up for your trip home. They took great care of our gear, and made sure that all gear was accounted for. Jim and his crew are committed to safety. They always do a dive briefing, and are prepared for emergencies. They are all patient with their customers, have a pleasant demeanor, have a sense of humor, and point out things underwater that most would miss. I saw Jim and Arturo work with a couple of groups of people doing their certification open water dives, and noticed how they interacted. They were encouraging, clear in their instructions, and thorough with their expectations to make sure the divers could demonstrate each skill. Jim hails from the US, and does a great job at communicating plans. Our dive schedule was flexible, and we were able to call him during our trip to work out which days to dive. Whether you're a new diver, or you've had many dives under your belt, I would highly recommend AAED for your next visit to Isla Mujeres!

1 Thank Andy B
Queretaro, Mexico
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Perfect for experienced and beginner divers!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Jim and Daisy Silver are awesome, and they run a really great dive shop. They are super helpful and obviously love what they do. Be sure to Like their Facebook page to see photos taken on their dives! We signed up for a Discover Scuba class (discover for my sister and a refresher for me) and were so comfortable with our two dives on the very same day - Manchones Reef and MUSA. We saw turtles, sting rays and oodles of fish. The visibility was great, and I can't say enough about how easy these dives are. Jim and his staff make the whole thing fun and enjoyable - much love to Arturo, Wilbur, Oscar and Chuleta.

We loved it so much that my sister decided to get certified! I was really impressed with the training that Jim provided in how thorough it was. She was very comfortable, and we were able to do two more dives during the trip. I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS book with them when in this area. Please do yourself a favor and book with the best - best equipment, best sites, best dive masters, best everything.