“Fun Place to Watch a Game!”
Review of JAX Bar & Grill

JAX Bar & Grill
Ranked #73 of 239 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently ate here during a stay on Isla during basketball tournament time. We had walked by Jax the day before our team was playing and saw that they had several games going on, so the next night we came back and bingo! We stayed on the ground floor and there were 4 tvs with two games going on. We had cerveza and a very good ceviche to start. Later we had dinner of shrimp and fish. The food was good but the atmosphere was really fun. We met other people watching the same game as we were and had a good time and a nice dinner. Next time we go, we'll try the upper deck!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a typically All-American style restaurant. The quality of the food is average, the reason for the two stars is price. You Pay for more than you get. The atmosphere is lousy. Big screens Showing american sport, light setting not very comfi. All in All a 'below average' restaurant. Find another sweet spot on the island. Thats easy.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My partner and I went here a couple of times on our most recent trip to Isla. We had eaten there in the past and had good food and good service with a nice atmosphere. It has changed. The view of the beach is great. The location is great. The food is...good. Very American. Burger and Fries. Club sandwich. Nothing really special or even something to make me think I am in Mexico. The background music was American Country music. What's up with that??? The server was alwasy nice, slow but nice. I'm not sure we will return to JAX when we go back to Isla, it's just become to American. If I wanted and American burger I would go to the mainland and find a McDonald's.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food here was good and plentiful! I had the fish tacos and my son had a quesadilla. We sat outside on the downstairs patio and enjoyed the view of the beach across the street. The problem was that the service was very poor. The food took 45 minutes and was not complicated as I stated above. Also, I had to go find the server to get drink refills, when there was only one other downstairs table occupied. I will choose another place on my next visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son and his fiancee' had their wedding rehearsal at JAX during sunset. We were outdoors in the upper level and it was beautiful. What was even better was the excellent service and fantastic food! The day before the rehearsal, the future groom, best man (my other son), and the two dads went deep sea fishing. (The captain of the ship was the owner of JAX.) The groom and best man caught sailfish and the best man also caught a mahi-mahi which JAX (the captain's wife)prepared for an appetizer at the rehearsal. I am not a fan of fish but it was excellent, seasoned perfectly and extremely tasty.

The rehearsal dinner was a huge success thanks to the welcoming, efficient people at JAX. Thank you.