“Good, old fashioned hamburger!!”
Review of JAX Bar & Grill

JAX Bar & Grill
Ranked #31 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Isla Mujeres
“Good, old fashioned hamburger!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We enjoyed a good, old fashioned hamburger at Jax. The meat was juicy but nicely done, the bun was sesame seed and soft, lettuce was crisp and tomato and onion were fresh. The fries were perfectly cooked and stove hot. My husband choose cheddar cheese on his and it was perfectly melted. We topped it off with one the frozen fruit drink specialties and it was a really good lunch. Service was prompt and not overly attentive and we had a great view of the beach and Cancun bay.

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“What Was I Thinking?”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A nice couple reccomended the fish and chips as "the best there was on Isla". I had heard many complaints in the last few years about Jax concerning different restaurant issues but to make a long story short, I had to use the facilities and sharing a bucket of beer and fish sounded good. Well, the server didn't have the sense not to serve me multi-colored pieces of fried fish. The lighter undercooked piece was an attempt in covering up two filets which had been fried to a burn, greasy, with the coating falling off in large pieces. The fries looked and tasted like they had been fried with the fish. They replaced it and it wasn't good. Live and learn! Duh.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank tulu
Mass
“Mexican/American Bar Fare”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place is in a fabulous location across from the most beautiful beach and at one end of the center. The food and drinks are wonderful and resonably priced. Service was good and fun. We had a group of 8 from age 1 to 43. (4 Kids and 4 Adults) we all enjoyed!

• Visited October 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Excellent !”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Everything weve eaten there was wonderful, great breakfast, great service! Old fashioned breakfast with juice was our favorite.

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Buckeye football at Jax...we won!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to Jax on Saturday to watch The Ohio State University beat the Wolverwienies from up north...and the Bucks didn't dissapiont us! Jax, however did disappoint a bit. After reading how wonderful the owners were and how great the service was, maybe I had high expectations. First the good stuff...

The iced tea at Jax ROCKS. I love brewed tea and I will drink it even if it isn't great. This tea was fresh, perfectly brewed and down right tasty! I had the breakfast tacos with Guacamole and they were delicious. I would go back for this dish. My husband had thr Hickory burger and he saidnitnwas very good. The fries were soggy, so he didn't eat many of them. He also had Limodade and he said if they had added tequila, it would have been a great margarita. He liked it! I had a couple of delicious and BIG Mimosas, and he had a few Pacificos. It's just not college football without a few beers, right?

The crowd was light, but they were all Buckeye fans so it was a good group. But since they weren't very busy, I expected better service. If we needed anything, we had to wave down the waiters. I don't expect someone at my beck and call, but ask if I need another drink or at least acknowledge we are sitting in you restaurant.

Overall, this was a good visit and we would go back. The upstairs has a great view, the televisions were HD and well, we won the game!

• Visited November 2012