“Great place”
Review of Carmelina Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Carmelina Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights and it was lovely . Cheap rooms and great value ! We changed rooms after our first night as we just wanted one bed and it was very very nice.
The lady only speaks spanish but easy to communicate with. Shes very lovely.
Bit noisey by the road and in morning but you cant really help that.
Hot water and aircon :)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Merpcicl

Reviewed October 21, 2013

For about 31.00 USD, this is hard to beat. You're downtown, not too noisy unless you're a light sleeper. Small in space, GREAT water pressure, decent amount of hot water. The only negative to me was my Ray Ban sunglasses went missing while here, but you do need to take care of your own stuff....Recommended overall..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Isla-dude
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

5 nights at carmelinas we spent, it's easy to give this place a five, its clean, and cheap, and it's close to everything you need. Staff were really friendly and all had a big smile on there faces. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank DavidN1986
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We wanted cheap and clean, and thats what we got! Its walking distance to everything downtown and the bed was sooo comfortable! The owners were so nice and were sad we were leaving. I recommend this hotel if you want to save money on lodging. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sonnydee671
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

If you looking to relaxing in isla mujeres and you have a budget this is your hotel !! Good rooms with ac and free wi fi for only 660 pesos per person sleeps 5 in each room ;) enjoy your holiday in mexico ;)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank lucens
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times in last 5 years..each time,it's clean,fresh towels,new sheets..even new beds last time...
Lucy and Juan and their family..live in the bottom of the hotel..so are usually always around..Lucy does understand some English,but doesn't speak it..her brother in law,who runs the BarBQ chicken place next door..does speak English..
There are lots of regulars who return this hotel..year after year..at different times of the year..always nice to see them again..that means you John and Ken!..
There are several hotels in the vicinity..so if you want to upgrade..it's easy to do..IF you can get in..but some of them are far more expensive than $500pesos/nite..the common walkway of the Carmelina is a nice way to meet other travellers,and happy hour!
Overall..I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to people who only require a clean,safe,no frills hotel to stay in..as you are at the beach most of the time..or cruising Hidalgo,or going to Contoy,etc,etc..

Room Tip: Rm 7 in the corner..second floor..is quieter ..and Rm 12 is at the other end,has more ''balc...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lawpurr
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I live in Cancun but rarely get to stay overnight on Isla Mujeres when I visit on weekends. I asked around on my facebook and again when I arrived at the ferry dock and everyone agreed to try Hotel Carmelina. Well they were right. This hotel is just two blocks from every side of the island. The couple who own the hotel are remodeling all the hotel but the rooms were done first so they are ready for guests. I stayed in a single bed room and it was very clean, has air conditioning and tv with remotes, ceiling fan and the best thing, a refrigerator! We were able to keep sandwich fixings and juices cold to save money on dining out. The rates are very low but you will be comfortable. Staff was very friendly, considering I met a few locals who were "hanging out" by our room and they did not seem to mind as long as they did not cause a disturbance. I will be staying here every time I get a chance to visit the island.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends