Privilege Aluxes
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$76
$43
  • Pool
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$364
$220
Official Hotel
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
$269
$229
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$80
$77
  • Breakfast included
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
$570
$497
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
$248
$207
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
$240
$144
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$107
$80
$608
$518
Agoda.com
3,201 results
All reviewssataydel marplatinum suitepool barthai restaurantsuperior roombeach restaurantall inclusive packagebreakfast buffetgolf cartbeach clubjacuzzi on the balconyall inclusive planliving roomchicken wingsocean viewbeach service
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This sleek, modern hotel on Isla Mujeres exceeded our expectations for a relaxing weekend. Upon arrival, we were greeted by staff with glasses of champagne which was a nice surprise. We were directed to our room where the staff pointed out the restaurants, pool, and fitness center.

The room was small, but the bathroom was spacious with modern fixtures and a nice shower area. A large balcony made up for the small room since it had a jetted tub large enough to fit two people comfortably.

We chose the bed and breakfast option for our stay and really enjoyed the food the hotel served. The buffet had a nice variety of savory and sweet items from which to choose.

The location of the hotel was wonderful since we were close to the beach and much of the action of Isla Mujeres. We strolled the town in the evening where we found a good meal was not more than a quick walk away.

Pros:
great location
sleek, modern room
nice pool

Cons:
very hard mattress
main door of the room to the outside was not very sound proof

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My wife and I went from Feb 22 Feb 27 the place has alot of bugs to work out! Let me say first we have been in the service industrie for over 15 years and we always give everyone the chance to correct a issue God knows we have had are share of complaints that we had to smooth over! But from day on are suite had a leak in the bathroom we went to the front desk over and over they finally sent a guy to fix it he just dumped the water from the AC acess panel then left !! This wouldnt have been a problem if it would of stopped leaking! Also service is a hit and miss thru the whole hotel we had to call every day for the mini bar to be filled and the room to be cleaned! Also watch the people at the front desk one of the girls up front tried to rip us off we wanted a golf cart and tried to charge us a $60.00 dollars for 2 hours when we came back down and talked to the concierge it was $ 55 for 24 hrs! I do have to say the suite we had was very nice! We went all inclusive (dont do this its a waste!!) only food that was ok was breakfast the rest was hit and miss! They do have 24 hr room service and thatt was ok. The place was shinny and new but you can put makeup on a pig and its still a pig! We love the Island and you can get anywhere on a golf cart. Were going back for a month but we will rent a house instead! There are some decent deals on house rentals just check the web.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j4martin
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I research everything I do beforehand, and I came to this site to read about this Hotel and was sceptical about the AI and the service as I read even in good review that it was not good. Well, I must say that I was very please with the service and I am very picky when it comes to service. When we first arrived it was early and our room werent ready, the staff took our bags and showed us to the spa where we could change and hang out at the pool or where ever we wanted, as soon as we sat down there were several people that approached us and took our orders, we got our food and drinks promptly and there was no problem with not having a room number yet. Everyone was very helpful and nice. Wonderful welcome from a long trip. Once we were shown our rooms we were all very pleased. Myself, husband and son were in the Grand Premium and let me tell you it was amazing, I agree it could use some color and decor but it was clean the views amazing and very large, our friends were in superior rooms and their rooms were equally as beautiful, they were very large and also clean and amazing. Sure some of the rooms are overlooking the cemetary but its not an ordinary cemetary we actually walked over and walked through the cemetary it was extremely interesting. As far as the school being across the street, there arent many kids at the school to begin with and it added charm to the area I did not find this a nusense the school is very small. The resteraunts were really good service was good also, I read reviews that some were "ignored" if they had the blue band on (AI) but there were 7 of us and the service again in the resteraunts was very very good.
We also would order room service late night and never waited more than 20 minutes which I though was extremely fast for room service.
Golf carts are a must, sure you could spend $20 less further down the street, but worth the extra to deal with it through the hotel, if you keep longer than orginally planned you dont have to worry about being back to resign the contract.
The water was cystyl clear blue the beaches were white sand the locals are freindly and I felt very safe. I worry about safety everywhere I go and I would actually feel safe wondering about the island with myself and my daughter while my husband were to fish all day
I have been alot of places, Hawaii, bahamas, key west etc.. and this honestly is the 1st place that I would return.
I think the bad reviews come from people that are uptight and perhaps should go to a more "modern" atmosphere b/c Isla Mujeres is definatly laid back, not "modern resort town"
I would recomment Privilege Aluxes to anyone traveling to Isla Mujeres
However there is one more thing, DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS in your room that you cherish, our friends had their wedding band stolen before they left and another couple with them notified the front desk who immediatly contacted the maids on the radio and low and behold the lost wedding band showed up on the floor of the other couples room. Either choose no maid service for you stay or keep you belongings with you. BEWARE

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank theovway
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We (myself, spouse and 11 year old son) had a wonderful, relaxing 5 days at Privilege Aluxes....We were upgraded to an all inclusive, ocean view suite, the room was beautiful, very large, the balcony itself was about 10 x 15 ft., the view gorgeous, so even when it rained, the outdoor space could be enjoyed...we weren't planning on all-inclusive, but it turned out to be very convienent with our 11 year old's almost constant appetite....When we return, I plan to request a room not on the south side of the hotel due to the previously mentioned bar (noise until very late) and school (noise very early)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Just returned from trip to Isla stayed 2/6-2/12. Traveled with group of friends, there was 11 of us. Our room was excellent but do feel they will be making the rooms time share because of the way the kitchen is set up. Maid service and room service was great. Did not like the turn down service, happened to be going back to the room and someone entering my room and said he was turn down service. Didn't like the fact someone going in my room at 8:00pm. Breakfast was great as was some of the dinner buffets. The Thai Restaurant food was very good! Make a point of trying it. If you want a real burger go next store - Jax's good food from home Texan owned!! Lunch on the beach was good - order the fried fish or grilled shrimp. Service on the beach was excellent thanks to Lazaro. He kept coming back with all our drinks and even recommended specialty drinks. We ordered room service for Super Bowl party and they promptly delivered pizzas and wings. Alot of people complain about the service but we had no complaints.

People selling stuff on the beach was worse than the Bahamas, they just kept coming and coming. The warer was chilly but great once you were in. Stayed last yeat at the Avalon, will come back to Privilege's next year.

Only complaint - front desk needs improvement. They need people that speakand understand English! The men seem to understand but the woman look at you like your are an idiot. Paid for late checkout in cash, never got a receipt...had to go twice to get room key programmed again to work. Kept looking for me to pay again. They looked at you like you were stupid and would have paid again.

Loved Privilege's and will go back. All eleven of us will go back! Golf tour of island worth the trip. Go in town for golf cart - cheaper than the one's you rent at Privilege's.

• Stayed: February 2010