This was not my first time staying on Isla, but my first time at Privilege Aluxes. We received a deal on Expedia that we couldn't pass by. So glad we didn't! My husband and I stayed there in August 2013.
Check in was very smooth, our room wasn't ready yet (we arrived around noon - check-in is around 3:00pm). No problem, they stored our luggage for us while we went to explore our options for lunch. We didn't opt for the all inclusive plan, this was my husband's first time on Isla and I wanted to introduce him to all the fabulous food this small island has to offer. They gave us our bracelets and off we went.
When we returned, our room was ready. A bellman showed us to our room which was very nice, but then he showed us our balcony and it took my breath away! We reserved the room with the jacuzzi on the balcony - the balcony was HUGE! I woke every morning just before dawn to watch the sun rise out of the ocean to my left. Around dusk, I could see the amazing colors of the sunset to my right. Unbelievable! The refrigerator was stocked with beer, soda and snacks (loved the mini Coronas!). The prices for these items was very reasonable. Also, the room was spotlessly cleaned every day - the towel animals were a nice touch considering we didn't opt for the all inclusive plan :)
The breakfast buffet was very good (included in price of room). We did not go hungry. Not huge, but plenty of choices to have a wonderful breakfast. I had scrambled eggs made every morning at the omelette station with peppers and onions in them. Yum!
The beach was beautiful with plenty of lounges and palapas. Never had to play the towel game, no matter what time we came out. Service at the beach was out-standing. The drinks were good, not overly strong, but not weak. Our servers checked on us frequently to make sure we were happy, and we were. We had lunch while on the lounges from Cafe del Mar and it was wonderful.
We did not use the pool as we are beach people, but it looked like everyone was having a good time at the pool bar. There were plenty of bali beds around the pool area and an occasional hammock to relax in.
Would I return to Priviliges Aluxes? Oh yes!!!!! I'm already booked for a long weekend in October! Trying the all inclusive plan this time :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres