Privilege Aluxes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
Playa Arena(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Hotel Las Palmas(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Hotel Kinich(Isla Mujeres)
Hotel Xul-ha(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Los Arcos Suites(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Cabanas Maria Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marcianito(Isla Mujeres)
3,166 results
All reviewssataydel marplatinum suitepool barthai restaurantsuperior roombeach restaurantall inclusive packagebreakfast buffetgolf cartbeach clubjacuzzi on the balconyall inclusive planliving roomchicken wingsocean viewbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I visited this resort from July 26th thru July 29th. We were amazed at how beautiful the hotel, pools, dining areas and the OMG beach! It was truly something out of a magazine or on a Kenny Chesney video. The drinks were plentiful and ice cold. The food was really good although it could have been a bit better, although the seafood buffet offered shrimp I swear were bigger than the tip of my pinkie finger to tip of thumb, HUGE! Hands down Satay is a must when visiting as the sushi was outstanding and if you have the all inclusive, don't be shy to order as much as you want and try new dishes. Antonio our waiter was extremely friendly and encouraged us to try many dishes we had not previously had. The hotel staff altogether was great and you never feel pressured into tipping. They never ask and never make you feel uncomfortable when it comes to tipping. Beach service was good and oh how can you beat an ice cold bucket of beer along with all the appetizers and entries you want, right there on the beach? Although everything is pretty much shut down by 11pm, bartenders were friendly and happily loaded my personal cooler up so I could take my party to my balcony to soak in the Jacuzzi and take in the fresh night air. Room service was good but make sure when ordering beer you tell them BOTTLE BEER NOT DRAFT!

All in all my wife and I had a wonderful stay and plan to go back in a few months with our two young sons so they too can experience the beauty and tranquility of Isla Mujeres.

Side notes: Be sure to rent a golf cart and explore the island. People are friendly and helpful and there are many beach front restaurants that offer the freshest seafood around.

Room Tip: When checking in go straight to your room and check out your view. If it isn't what you expected tell the front desk and they are more than willing to either move you to another, or will happily upgrade you for a very minimal charge. Seriously, considering what you have already paid to get there, the charge is a great value for a better view off your balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HTownFrank
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Our customers opinion is such a great assistance for us in our continuing effort of improvement.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel, its facilities and the magazine beach!
We are particularly glad to hear that you will be staying with us again in the future with your family and we look forward to it.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As a solo 50-something traveler looking for a quiet beach-side vacation with some degree of comfort this was a good choice of accommodation. I didn't go for the all-inclusive package as I'm not into getting drunk on high-price drinks and stuffing myself full of expensive food every day. And likewise, i wanted to stay away from the resort strip at Cancun with wall-to-wall loud American tourists. My room on the 2nd floor didn't have a sea view but it was clean, the bed was good. the free WiFi signal was strong and the bandwidth good. The bathroom was excellent. The buffet style breakfast was great with a wide choice and a fantastic way to start the day. The hotel appeared well managed with a very visible security presence. The two major beaches are right next door (within 5 minutes walk) as is the town, with many many tourist shops, cafe, bars and restaurants. It's probably 15 minutes walk down to the ferry terminal and harbor. So, for me, a great place to use as a base while I got out each day into the beaches, cafes, bars & restaurants.
The only negative was a drunken yobbo trying to get into my room at 4am... all the stairwells look the same so hopefully it was just a case of a mistaken room but one wonders where the security men were when needed!
I had a Jacuzzi on my balcony which wasn't very private and overlooked the cemetery but it was fun anyway!
All-in-all I would recommend Privilege Aluxes as a nice place to stay on Isla Mujeres even if you only use it as a base to explore from.

Room Tip: Pick a high room if you want a view. Jacuzzi is probably not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

First of all thank you for choosing Privilege Aluxes as your travel destination.
We agree with you when you mention the location, our hotel is the best option to enjoy the wonderful beaches that this island offers as well as the bars ans restaurants in the center.

We are very pleased to know that you had a nice stay and we really appreciate your comments.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After reading other reviews of this property, we were terribly disappointed with the quality of the accommodations and amenities. The hotel was dirty, the food was terrible and the beverage service was lacking. Overall service was indifferent and "all-inclusive" clearly has a different meaning at this resort. Airport transfer and romance package was $66/person extra and we only received benefits days later after vigorous complaints. Run, don't walk, away from this resort, watching for needles and exposed wires as you do so.

Room Tip: Select a different property, preferably in Cancun. If you insist upon staying here, why not select a room that borders the cemetery or the noisy schoolyard for a unique Mexican adventure.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went away for 5 nights on a guys getaway from the office. The service was really good, especially at the beach and pool bars. All the staff were very friendly and willing to help us have a good time. The location is on the northwest side of the island so there is a really nice view of Cancun and the bay at night. The rooms were only king sized beds, wish they had options for two queens or two doubles. But the rooms were really clean and kept cool, most had a really nice view. We rented a golf cart to drive around the island and enjoyed it, $50 well spent. The hotel is also close to a evening hot spot where one street has several bars and restaurants, including live music and entertainment. If you go, buy the all inclusive. It is well worth the money. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to couples, or a friends getaway.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jim B
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We were delighted to learn you found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be helpful, it is great to see the efforts of our team recognized.
We are glad that you enjoyed your getaway at Privilege Aluxesand we would love to see you soon again,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Before I write this review for Privilege Aluxes; I should perhaps mention that I have been traveling to Tropical Destinations since age 18. I'm 47 years now; and rarely go on fewer than 2 trips of this sort per year. Some of my favorites have included Maui, The British Virgin Islands, Cozumel, Cabo, the Cayman Islands and many others. This means I have a pretty good sense of when things are being done the right way at a vacation destination; which also explains why I have visited Isla Mujeres 4 times and can't wait to go back for a 5th.
So lets talk about the PRIVILEGE ALUXES hotel. Its a mid size Property that without a doubt has to rank as one of the 3 best on the Island. (I think Tripadvisor ranks it 7th as of today)
Aside from beautifully manicured grounds, clean rooms, a nearly flawless stretch of beach, a beautiful pool and overall good food; this hotel has one big strong suit (that I've noticed to be consistent over 3 visits): a truly really very friendly and helpful staff. I know I know; lots of people say that, and aren't people in the Hospitality Industry paid to be nice etc etc?
Perhaps; but I've noticed that it really doesn't require much to get above and beyond service, with a genuine smile. I want to single out Maria Roe in the booking office and Chef Juan as to examples of individuals who went above and beyond to make my most recent trip excellent.

Now for those of you looking for a 5 Star Destination Resort; you may find yourself quibbling over little things that arent perfect; and there are a few. But then; if you expect perfection, a small island like Isla Mujeres perhaps isn't for you. For those of you who seek a real getaway from real life back home, in a clean, well staffed, very tropical feeling hotel. You absolutely can do no better on Isla Mujeres's Privilege Aluxes. Ill be back again!!!!

Room Tip: Upper floors are always a good bet on this hotel. Rooms in building 1 or 2 could over-look the Islands Graveyard. You might want to ask about location as you're checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank txgerman1
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

We really appreciate the time you invested writing your review, it is very flattering to read comments from an experienced traveler like you.

Thank you for taking the time to mention our staff, we are proud of the team working hat Privilege as they offer great service to our valued guests.
We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us again and we look forward to seeing you back!