“Simply the best”

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Chester County, Pa
“Simply the best”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would first like to thank everyone of the staff for making our 5th stay at PA great. My parents tagged along with us on our trip 5/3 -5/10/13 and my dad was somewhat bound to a wheel chair that the hotel secured it for us for our stay. The arrangements that we had made through the hotel for transportation to and from the airport AGI was flawless. My wife and I have been here alot in the past 4 years and it seems to always be above and beyond. The service is top notch Ponce(Cake was great), Miguel,Luis,Marcos,Jacob,Jamie,Enrique, David and all the Boys at the beach who took care of my family a big THANK YOU to all. Guillermo and Jesus at the front desk Thanks again for everything form the cake to our rooms. this place cannot be beat for price ,location and service. All the rooms were perfect we had the presidential suite 633 and the parents were on the ground floor due to wheelchair access. Food was great as always and the Spa was fantastic.I know some who will read this and say whatever but this place is just great love it dearly and it is because of the staff and management who made our trip great. We will see you for the Customer Appreciation week and again in Dec. for the pre holiday tour. See you all again soon, El Diablo AKA Philly Mike

Room Tip: Higher is better for views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much, it is always a pleasure to welcome you back to your home on Isla Mujeres.

We try our utmost to make of your holidays the great experience that you expect and we feel honored to be on your favorite places list.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Hebrew first
Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I cant say enough great things about the staff and set up at Privilege Aluxes. From the moment we were greeted with champagne til the day we checked out the staff were accomodating and there to make our stay memorable. Ross Gilermo Jesus Miguel Raul Ponche ~ everyone was great! Whatever we needed, they made it happen. We went with the all inclusive package, and although we ventured out alot for food ~ it was worth it at the pool & beach bar. I was nervous prior to going, b/c some of the reviews on here are negative ~(stiff bed, pool bar closes at 6, and the food) well you will find food on the island you love and bars that never close ~ so big deal! This crew does care about making your stay fun and comfortable. Definately get a room with a hot tub. Rent a cart and enjoy the island. Keep up the good work guys, you deserve much praise ~ cant wait to come back :) Mark & Gina

Room Tip: First....When you get off the ferry- go left, its a 5 minute walk....When u book, get a hot tub room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaptainSiesta
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
It is so encouraging to know that you enjoy the whole experience at Privilege Aluxes.
We found your praises very gratifying, after the work and effort made by our team.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to providing you with the best of our attention soon again.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time with my wife and the kids. Isla Mujeres is such a unique place, you really feel being in holidays. Staying at the Privilege Aluxes is just the best choice. Location is perfect, just in front of the magic beach and also at 1 min walking distance to the town.
The hotel is excellent, service us just great and facilities are in perfect shape.
We all had a great time!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sincerely thank for your kind words and for considering us the best choice on the island with the best location just steps away from the finest beach.

We are pleased that the staff, service and facilities lived up to your expectations.
Looking forward to your next visit to help you build more memorable moments.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just returned from my second stay at Privilege Aluxes, and I can't say enough good things about this magnificent resort. Everything about this property is first class. We stayed in a Platinum Suite and had rose petals waiting for us on the floor of the bedroom along with a swan sculpture made out of towels on the bed. There was even champagne on ice waiting for us. If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Platinum Suite. Amazing views and and an amazing private pool on the roof top terrace. The staff is very attentive to our every need. Once again Ponce and Miguel made our stay that much more enjoyable. The rooms at this resort are always extremely clean, and very spacious. Another couple travelling with us had a regular suite and it was much larger than many other hotels. The food is also very very good here. The upscale restaraunt Satay is Thai themed, neither my wife or I cane for Thai food so I can not comment on this, but nothing beats having lunch or dinner on the beach at Cafe del Mar. With amenities like free wifi, a top notch Spa, and a Fitness center this resort can't be beat. They even have an extensive library of books which are available at no additional charge. Due to the fact that this is a resort that has multiple dining options ( all inclusive or breakfast only) you are required to sign a check after every meal or round of drinks. A little annoying, but completely understandable. The resort is always maintained meticulously, and I never once saw a dirty ashtray, or trash of any kind laying around the resort. This was my second stay here, and definitely will not be my last! Thank You to everyone at Privilege Aluxes for another wonderful vacation! See you soon!

Room Tip: Platinum Suite 626 has the best views! Anything on floors 4 or above will provide the best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank capozzi4
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are grateful for your preference and for sharing your good comments with others.
It is fantastic to know that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Privilege Aluxes seeks to provide experiences and services based on criteria of excellence and we like to take care of our guests.
We will always be at your disposal, we look forward to seeing you back.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A group of us found this resort through online booking and have had some mixed emotions about our stay. The hotel is a little aged, but the rooms are decent. You can hear everything through the walls in your room, though. I even heard my friend discuss what he was planning to wear for dinner!
There's no information in the rooms about where and when food is served, or locations of things on the grounds. The food was a huge disappointment. Even worse, with reservations for dinner, we sat without menus for 45 minutes and weren't served for an additional hour. We had to take turns sneaking from the beach dining area over to the main buffet area for food to snack on while waiting for our meal. Then they close all dining by 10 pm and there's nothing else around unless you go to an off-site restaurant. I do have to say that the breakfast buffet was nice and more palatable. The staff are very nice and polite. I did appreciate them greatly and they do try to help when they can. The beach area during the day is nice. Comfy chairs and decent beachside service for drinks and snacks.

I don't think this place is so bad, but I've had many other experiences in similar resorts that rate much higher than this one. I do say that they have the potential to improve on the food service. It would make the resort a lot better. For now, I don't plan to return.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kaykay76
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have posted a review of this hotel in the past, but felt compelled to share the following story as a tribute to the excellence of the hotel and the AGI transfer service:

My husband had a problem (because he left his computer among other things!) after check out and we did not realize this until we had already crossed to Cancun with only a short time before our flight would take off. Between the hotel staff and the very excellent transfer service of AGI (Lalo and Bernie), the computer was hand-delivered to us at the Cancun airport and we did not miss our flight. I realize that everyone involved went above and beyond and that is what makes Privilege Aluxes, AGI, and the island so special. To be honest, I am simply amazed that it was even possible!

Once again, I just wanted to sing the praises of the staff who made our stay so enjoyable and worry-free. We loved everything from sunup to sundown: from the morning espressos in Sabor to the beautiful, friendly (and funny) lady at the towel/spa service, to the incredible staff working all day (Luis, Miguel, Hector and his team in Satay, Alex and the breakfast crew, Ponce, Guillarmo--to name just a few!). By the way, the upgraded Satay really surprised us and it is definitely worth putting in a reservation since there is limited seating during prime time.

This year we brought our foreign exchange student (from Norway) on this trip and she had the best time of her life! You can be sure that she will pass on the good work of your hotel and perhaps you will enjoy some (more)Norwegian visitors to the island? It was obvious that Isla Mujeres and Privileges was very welcoming to visitors from all over the world.

On a side note, we stayed during the week that the hotel was hosting a beautiful beach wedding. The staff didn't miss a beat and still worked hard to please even the non-wedding guests during the whole ceremony. If I wasn't married already, I would use the hotel for such a special event-the ceremony was gorgeous!

Well done Privileges!

Room Tip: The rooms with a roof-top pool are gorgeous! Use the AGI transfer service through hotel: they pick y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank afedmccormick
We greatly appreciate your comments regarding the honesty and dedication of our staff, we are very proud because we know that the guest experience depends on the good personal contact.

We hope to see you soon to make the most of your next holidays.
Glendale
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were one if 3 couples traveling in our group and read all the negative reviews just to get a feel for what we were in for.
A lot of them are fairly accurate, however the good far out weighs anything negative you an find in your stay. We had the all-inclusive stay for a week ad it was well worth every penny. The grounds were constantly being cleaned, drinks constantly served and service with a smile. Service was consistently a bit slow but not for laziness. Simply because of the amount of people.
However, if I could give one piece of advice that made our stay AMAZING, it would be to TIP, TIP, TIP (and be polite). It really payed off, especially by the end. We payed the concierge $20 at check in and then gave everyone else $1-$5 depending on the amount of time we spent at a restaurant or bar. By the end of our stay, they were moving mountains for us. We are planning another trip to PA as soon as we can!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Jocelyn_2119
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity as well as for your comments.

We are pleased to know that the staff and service provided has surpassed your expectations and we look forward to providing with the best of our attention and excellent service on your next visit.