“Loved it!”
Review of Privilege Aluxes

Privilege Aluxes
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First, let me just say that this place is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! The grounds are well kept, the rooms are clean, and the bathroom was lovely. There was enough room to do my hair, makeup, and move around, and I loved the way the shower was. Also, the complimentary products were really good. They also gave you free access to the safe in your room.

The beach was gorgeous!!! And it was also a short walk from the rooms. I wasn't too big of the fan of the food offered, but they did give enough variety for you to choose from. The swim up bar was also nice. We spent a lot of time on the beach beds and soaking up the sun. Some of the beach vendors could be a little persistent, but they did leave you alone when you let them know you weren't interested in what they were selling. I also loved that the town was such a short walk from the resort so we were able to really take in the island. There were plenty of little shops and restaurants which were able to take advantage of, which made me feel more like a native instead of a tourist. The people of the town were also really nice and helpful, as well.

We did have an excursion day at a nearby adventure park where we were able to snorkel, zipline, canoe, and TONS more for rock bottom prices. It was literally like $39 for the whole day--which included food AND drinks (alcoholic)!! We couldn't believe how much you got for so little. You could also purchase a cd of all of your pictures from your day at the park for only $10! That was definitely a highlight of our trip, and I wished the front desk told us about it earlier in our stay--we would've been there everyday!

Overall, I couldn't say more positive things about my stay. I would recommend it to anyone with ears, and when I returned I told anyone who would listen. It was definitely a better place for us--it wasn't as busy as Cancun and we were able to enjoy the town without being bombarded with people. I would ABSOLUTELY return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank frequent_traveler05
There are newer reviews for Privilege Aluxes

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Privilege Aluxes is a great hotel experience. My wife and I have enjoy each of our four stays in this clean and comfortable hotel on a wonderful island. The location on the island is ideal for getting almost any where on foot. The staff meet our needs in most every way. We are looking forward to our next visit later this year.

Room Tip: Deluxe Suite provides ample room and great views!
2  Thank Mark D
PrivFD, Reception at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

We are delighted to have offered so many good moments at this beautiful destination.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Privilege Aluxes for your fifth stay.Just remember that here you will find your home.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our second stay at the PA. We enjoyed ourselves last year and even moreso this year. The staff at this hotel are so gracious and friendly. The food is delicious and fresh. We did do the AI again this year. You can't beat the price and nothing is better than having lunch and dinner on this beach! The stretch of beach in front of the hotel is very beautiful and the ocean is calm and warm for swimming. We hope to stay here again in the future. This hotel truly caters to its' guests and it shows. Thanks again to the Privilege Aluxes!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hamaCda

Thanks to you for giving us another opportunity to show you that we keep working to improve our service in order to make your holidays unforgettable.

We hope to see you soon to give you more beautiful moments.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel. We have stayed here twice in the past and am sad to say that we didn’t on our last trip to Isla. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are humble and hard working. We were floored when our favorite bellhop, Guiermo, recognized us on North Beach this past trip. How often does that happen?! Just goes to show that if you treat people with dignity and respect, they’ll remember you and want to say hi to you even almost two years later…

I took away one star because I noticed that the management has implemented a new security policy. The security guards now have to search the employees as they enter/exit the premises. The worst part about it is that they are searching their own employees in plain view, in the front of the driveway next to the cemetery. If the administration insists on utilizing this tactic, then perhaps they should do it more discreetly. Personally, I found it to be in poor taste.

Overall, the hotel and grounds are amazing…The PA was the first place I ever stayed on Isla and although the prices have started to rise, it is my go-to hotel on Isla. I’ll def be back… Shout out to Guiermo, Jime, and of course, JULIO!

Room Tip: upgrade upgrade upgrade....(Ask for the junior suite... there's only one)
3  Thank Lismaxima
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at PA the week before Christmas 2012 and had an amazing stay! The staff was wonderful throughout the hotel and always were accommodating to our requests. Check-in was a bit hectic as a large number of people were all arriving at the same time via the ferry, but we didn't have to wait too long. We had a superior room in building six and while it wasn't huge, we thought it was great! The beach club was also very nice, and the food at Cafe Del Mar was good during the day for lunch and snacks. Overall the food was good, but not great. Dinner was the most disappointing meal, I would call it average. The all-inclusive was a good value for breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks and the quality at these times was much higher. When we come back, we will almost certainly enjoy dinner out instead of at the hotel. Altogether, the entire experience was great. Thank you PA staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josh L

We just wanted to make sure you know how much we appreciate your words, we take good note of your comments.

Regarding the comment about the staff it will motivate them to be every day better and better and they will get your congratulations.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I traved to Privilege for our second honeymoon. We loved everything about this hotel. The rooms were clean and modern. The grounds were beautiful. The service was on point and friendly.

Our favorite part of Privilege was the beach area. We walked all the way along Playa Norte and I really think Privilege can lay claim to the best stretch of sand. The water is very calm and clear and the sand is perfection! The beach beds are great but the individual palapas allow you shade or sun and a place to keep your stuff out of the sand.

We opted for the "bed & breakfast" option and were very happy with our choice. The food at PA was good but there are SO many great little resturantes within walking distance. We've already booked our return trip!

Room Tip: Building 1 is furthest from the water but our views were still amazing in 141 (fourth floor).
1  Thank Laurraah

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we are so happy to know that you chose Privilege Aluxes to spend such a special moment.

We remain at your service and we will be very pleased to welcome you again in this gorgeous destination.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love this place! I stay 2 nights in Isla Mujeres with great company. I pay arround $200 USD per night in one of the master suites. It was amazing everything. Great ocean view, jacuzzi at terrace, spacious, adults only! Buffet with a great variety of foods! I will come back soon.

Room Tip: I stay on Master Suite, great ocean view, Love the jacuzzi ;-)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple