First, let me just say that this place is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! The grounds are well kept, the rooms are clean, and the bathroom was lovely. There was enough room to do my hair, makeup, and move around, and I loved the way the shower was. Also, the complimentary products were really good. They also gave you free access to the safe in your room.
The beach was gorgeous!!! And it was also a short walk from the rooms. I wasn't too big of the fan of the food offered, but they did give enough variety for you to choose from. The swim up bar was also nice. We spent a lot of time on the beach beds and soaking up the sun. Some of the beach vendors could be a little persistent, but they did leave you alone when you let them know you weren't interested in what they were selling. I also loved that the town was such a short walk from the resort so we were able to really take in the island. There were plenty of little shops and restaurants which were able to take advantage of, which made me feel more like a native instead of a tourist. The people of the town were also really nice and helpful, as well.
We did have an excursion day at a nearby adventure park where we were able to snorkel, zipline, canoe, and TONS more for rock bottom prices. It was literally like $39 for the whole day--which included food AND drinks (alcoholic)!! We couldn't believe how much you got for so little. You could also purchase a cd of all of your pictures from your day at the park for only $10! That was definitely a highlight of our trip, and I wished the front desk told us about it earlier in our stay--we would've been there everyday!
Overall, I couldn't say more positive things about my stay. I would recommend it to anyone with ears, and when I returned I told anyone who would listen. It was definitely a better place for us--it wasn't as busy as Cancun and we were able to enjoy the town without being bombarded with people. I would ABSOLUTELY return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres