Absolutely love this hotel. We have stayed here twice in the past and am sad to say that we didn’t on our last trip to Isla. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are humble and hard working. We were floored when our favorite bellhop, Guiermo, recognized us on North Beach this past trip. How often does that happen?! Just goes to show that if you treat people with dignity and respect, they’ll remember you and want to say hi to you even almost two years later…
I took away one star because I noticed that the management has implemented a new security policy. The security guards now have to search the employees as they enter/exit the premises. The worst part about it is that they are searching their own employees in plain view, in the front of the driveway next to the cemetery. If the administration insists on utilizing this tactic, then perhaps they should do it more discreetly. Personally, I found it to be in poor taste.
Overall, the hotel and grounds are amazing…The PA was the first place I ever stayed on Isla and although the prices have started to rise, it is my go-to hotel on Isla. I’ll def be back… Shout out to Guiermo, Jime, and of course, JULIO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres