This hotel was not a large property however do to and small number of visitors it was not croWDED. We stayed 6 nights but I think that 4 or 5 nights is an optimal stay. The room was kind of small but it did have a nice view. If the resort isn't that busy ask for an upgrade for a view of the pool or the beach.
The food was OK. We decided NOT to do the all inclusive option and were happy that we did so. The food for the breakfast buffet was the same everyday With limited choices. there were a couple of flies near the food and dessert continuously flying around. Drinks weren't that good and they were kind of expensive.
We chose not to eat dinner and lunch at the hotel. You do not need an all inclusive options because there are many little restaurants and stores nearby within walking distance. All menus are compatible e Price During our stay the power went out for I would say 5 hours.
A fun part of our stay was that we rented a golf cart for 2 days to explore the island and that was definitely worth it!! For about 40 to 50 dollars per day you would be able to do to do this And you do not need to rent it for more than 2 days because the whole island you Can explorein 2 days.
If you want to snorkel for free at very nice place within walking distance of the hotel maybe 10 minutes there is a hotel call the Avalon Reef Club. It is free and there a lot of fish to say and very shallow water.
If you're into diving or snorkeling at a reasonable price consider going to sea hawk drivers on the way to the Avalon Reef Club it's a small shop located on the way.
The souvenirs at some of the shops were a bit overpriced. I would suggest waiting to get to the airport on your way home to pick up some souvenirs there.
Not sure that we would return to the same island because be saw everything there is to see perhaps we would go to a different place in Mexico.
If you're looking for an all inclusive vacation resort this is not the place. There are no activities or night life whatsoever so you have to Entertain yourself. The island is very safe we drove around late at night because we have nothing else to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres