To start with I should say that the staff where mostly friendly and helpful, the girl on reception Roxanna (I think that how she spelt it) was wonderful to deal with and Jesus also.
The hotel itself was as the title says, nothing special, Decent size rooms and bathroom, We were in the Superior w/ hot tub. The views were awful from Block 1, see attached photo's. If your planning a romantic evening on your balcanoy and a dip in your hot tub Dont expect any type of privacy!!! You will be overlooked from nearly every angel.
The breakfasts were lovely, nice selection of foods and all fresh. The dining room was laid out well too, If you sit near the windows overlooking the beach make sure to check your table for little bugs before you sit down.
The attached thai/Oriental restaurant doesnt have a wide selection to choose from and the food portions are tiny, I had the mixed satay and you get 2 pieces of chicken, pork, shrimp and beef on skewers. I have seen more meat on a cocktail sausage at the end of a tootpick before. I was still hungry when we left.
The beach cafe bar has live music nearly every night and all i can say is that its loud and the music is awful, the amount of classic songs that were killed by that band was shocking, I should have called the cops to report some murders!!!
If you do stay at this hotel here are some tips i would give from my experience:
1. Every night make sure not to forget to put the do not disturb sign on your door or at 8.45 housekeeping will be knocking to clean your room.
2. If your room has a conecting door to the room next to you then make sure its locked!! We had the do not disturb sign on our door and a guy walks in thru the connecting door while i'm lying on the bed. Also seen the handle being tried 3 more time during my stay.
3. Use the free safe, dont get lazy, See point 2!!!!!!
4. As another user here said, the stairway up and down to your room can be very noisy both in the morning and evenings.
5. The last ferry from Puerto Jueraz to the Island is 11.30pm, if you miss it hard luck, the next one is 6.30am. Also traffic around the clubs is very heavy at night time so give yourself lots of time to get back to the ferry. An hour at least.
6. The bar across the road "Jakks" does lovely well priced food the drink is cheap too. A buckect of corona was 60peso. that 6 USD or 4 Euro for 5 bottles. But it closes early like most of the bars on the island.
7. Take a trip to the hotel zone and see how your 5stars compare to the 5 stars in there, dont be shy, most of the hotels have sports bars and restaurants open to the public.
So overall it was a decent hotel but with nothing amazing or special that makes it stand out. There is no major flaws with the hotel but I wouldnt give it 5 stars,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TravelClick, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres