“Great location but food is overpriced”

Restaurant Brisa Mexicana
Ranked #151 of 239 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mexican Restaurant with a variety of traditional dishes such as Salads, Pizzas, Pastas, Burgers, Chicken, Grilled Whole Fish and Fish fillet, Seafood, Steakhouse, Beef. Surf and Turf, Big Steak Grill Plate and Big Sea Food Plate.Especialidades; Enchiladas, Fajitas, Tacos, Burritos, Stuf Chiles, Molcajete Steak, Quesadillas. National and International drinks. Wines Cava From Mexico, Chile, Itali and Argentina.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great location on the strip but service was a little slow and the prices were more than double than other places with the same food. I ordered a filet, I think it was $540 pesos? When my dish arrived it was unlike any other filet I've ever had. I think I was taken and got a basic ol steak. Husband loved his lobster and steak but again, priced very high. They try so hard to get people into this place but once your in it's hard to get the waiter to pay attention to your table.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The service was very good and the location of the main drag was nice. We all had seafood dishes that were very good and the portions were very large. Their drink menu was very complete and they had a nice selection of wines. Also had enough TV's to watch the World Cup while dining.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We ate here twice whilst we were on the island and we only went back as the first experience was amazing. We were treated like VIPs, however I think this depends on who you get as wait staff. We believe we got the manager or owner servicing us the first night.

The food however was always good and you knew it was very fresh. I had the red snapper and it was fantastic and my husband had catch of the day which was Grouper, which he cleaned off the plate so must have been good, both were very well presented.

The second time we shared the lobster pizza. Again beautifully presented and really tasty, but the only let down was the server we had that time. Took ages to get our drinks and I ask for another drink which didn't come until we'd finished the meal and was about to pay.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I don't know what all the hype is about. We came here based on reviews and I think it's safe to say all six of us were gravely disappointed. We sat down around 8pm and didn't leave until after 10. Maybe we just had a bad waiter, but the service was absolutely horrendous. I asked for a water four times before he brought it to me. We had to remind him a couple times about our guacamole. The food was not good at all. We had eaten at quite a few restaurants before that and all have been very good, so I didn't think it was possible to get bad food. I ordered the Pasta Romero (not the exact title), and the noodles were not cooked all the way through, the sauce was watery, and the rosemary was overwhelming. My husband ordered beef fajitas and the meat was bland. I can get better fajitas back home for the same price. It was also very expensive for what we got. For a few bucks more we could've gotten much better food at Rolandi's. At the end of the meal, the waiter tried to stick us with 15% gratuity even though the menu specifically says "gratuity not included." I usually leave about 15-20% depending on the service, but there was no excuse for the poor service we received. This guy was chatting with his buddies and paying no attention to us. There are so many better places to eat on the island and this is not one of them.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everyone on Isla tries to sell you something, including dinner. But Raul was jovial and welcoming, not annoying. We bumped into friends who had just finished eating and loved their food. So we stayed.

Service is not what Americans are used to, but who cares? You're on vacation. The red snapper was highly recommended and it didn't disappoint. My wife loved it. I saw the menu had shrimp wrapped in bacon with cheese on top. Does it get any better than that? It too was an excellent meal.

Great service, albeit slow sometimes. But again, "WHO CARES." You won't walk away disgruntled. This is one of three restaurants we will eat at next time. Thanks for a wonderful meal.