“Good meal”

Ranked #136 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mexican Restaurant with a variety of traditional dishes such as Salads, Pizzas, Pastas, Burgers, Chicken, Grilled Whole Fish and Fish fillet, Seafood, Steakhouse, Beef. Surf and Turf, Big Steak Grill Plate and Big Sea Food Plate.Especialidades; Enchiladas, Fajitas, Tacos, Burritos, Stuf Chiles, Molcajete Steak, Quesadillas. National and International drinks. Wines Cava From Mexico, Chile, Itali and Argentina.
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Well worth a visit. Good food and excellent service. I had the Grilled Grouper and thought it was very tasty.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Brisa Mexicana

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Brisa Mexicana seems like an Isla institution on Hidalgo. We were enticed by the big grill setup and had a very good dinner off the "specials' board" The mixed grill seemed rather expensive, about $70.00 for two but it was worth the price: 2 absolutely delicious lobster tails (firm and sweet), about 8 large shrimp with shells---both very tasty with that special grilled shell taste, 2 pork chops, 2 steaks, and 2 chicken breasts (juicy which is hard to pull off for chicken breast). Since we're not giants, we ate the shellfish and took the meat home for dinner the next day. The sides were average. Atmosphere is informal, friendly, and service is efficient and friendly.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I just returned from a trip to Isla, and, though I don't normally do the whole restaurant review thing, I thought it would only be fair to write one for Brisa.

We've been to Isla a number of times, but only tried Brisa Mexicana for the first time on our last trip, and I assure you, we will return. On a trip that lasted five days, I believe I had a meal from this restaurant seven times. I would unreservedly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

The atmosphere is great, as it is right on Hidalgo and diners can choose to sit either inside, or outside, on the street. The service staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you go, ask for Weegi, though every server we had was top notch.

The steak at this restaurant was phenomenal. I don't mean to imply that this is a steakhouse, for it is not, but the filet stuffed with goat cheese was incredible. My mouth waters just thinking of it. If one is dining with a group, make sure not to miss the chicken quesadillas and the octopus in garlic as well.

Something about the grill at this restaurant really makes it stand out, and coupled with the waitstaff and location, it really is a gem. If traveling to Isla Mujeres, do yourself a favor, and don't miss out on Brisa Mexicana!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner and I had several wonderful experiences at Brisa Mexicana, over multiple visits to the restaurant in January 2012 and again in January 2013 during two wonderful visits to the isle. Recommend the spicy, tasteful shrimp skewers, and other seafood meals, any of the soups, or any of the other authentic mexican dishes. The waiter staff will point out the favorites on the menu if you ask. The meals were excellent, the atmosphere was fun and relaxed, and the staff attentive with their customers. Brisa enjoys a wonderful location on a corner of the main street on the isle. If you like people watching this is one of the better restaurants for that. If you stop, please say "hi" to Oscar for us, one of the waiters we enjoyed many conversations with as he shared a bit about his life on the isle. enjoy the laid back relaxing atmosphere... we miss it already...

1  Thank RK10
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went there our first night on Isla. The food was ok but when the bill came there was an extra 10% added. When I asked what it was they said it was a tax. I told them I thought there was no tax in Mexico. He insisted it was a tax so I left a 15% tip on top of it. I talked to other restaurant owners and waiters and told them about the 10 %. They told me there was no tax and that we basically tipped them 25 % for an average meal and very mediocre service. We will never eat there again.

1  Thank Erin D