“Always our first dinner on the island.”
Review of Rolandi's Pizzeria

Rolandi's Pizzeria
Ranked #27 of 218 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have eaten at Rolandi's countless times over the last 20 years, and I just love this place. Sometimes the food is amazing; sometimes not. I don't care. I love the location, right on Hidalgo, and the people, who are always so welcoming. We always sit outside if possible, because we love the ambiance and energy of Hidalgo at night. Some tourists object to the strolling musicians and vendors, but not me. I love the caroling kids during Christmas season, the little trick-or-treaters during Halloween/Day of the Dead weekend, and the popcorn and nut vendors all the time. Lots of people are way too cool to pay Gregorio or the brothers to sing sappy Mexican love songs at the table, but not my family - we're all in.The Pasta Salsa Rolandi is consistently great, as is the Caesar salad. Pizzas are good and some are pretty imaginative. The wine list is short but good. We almost always eat here our first night on the island, and we usually return at least once during our stay.

3  Thank campmarengo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was wonderful, very attentive without being obtrusive. Food was good (especially desserts) and reasonably priced. Outdoor setting allowed for opportunity to enjoy street performers. In the past we have been here only for dessert but main courses almost as good.

1  Thank Dianc
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great tasting food, beautifully presented and very attentive wait staff! We had great fun sitting outside watching people come and go. Our food arrived promptly and hot. The Caesar salad and mozzarella with tomatoes were a great start. We tried the pasta with vodka sauce and the Margarita pizza. The next night we did the pasta again along with the Five cheese rigatoni, followed by Lime sherbet. Yummy and good size portions. One night we stopped for just dessert and tried the coconut ice cream with Kahlua and the Swiss chocolate cake with coffee. Everything we tried was excellent. The wait staff did everything for us except put the fork in our mouth! I have never been that "waited on" before. Definitely the place to go in my book!

1  Thank Ttribe4
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Not sure where to start. Everything here is delicious. They Salt Fish is our favorite entree. It's baked in the brick oven and served tableside. 2nd choice is the Pasta in Vodka sause. Their green salad and the fresh bread probably gets us in there as well. Anyway, you just need to go. ha

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Service, food, atmosphere...all excellent. The best restaurant we've been to in Isla Mujeres. We ate inside this time and really enjoyed it.