“Can't wait for the next time I am there”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami Beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait for the next time I am there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

I went to Qubano after reading the many reviews on Tripadvisor and everyone of them were right. I spent one week in Isla and ate there all 5 days that she was opened since she closes for the weekend (which I didn't like-but I guess Vivian needs some down time also).All the food was fabulous as I tried almost everything. I am from Miami and know what a Cuban sandwich is-but not like this one which was unbelievable, the toston was so different from all the other flavors - starting with the sweetness of the plantain to the great tasting marinated chicken. Then Vivian comes with mojo and with a brush (glove on her hand) she brushes some mojo and that seals the deal. I also tried her breast of turkey, chicken sandwich and my favorite- her hamburger stuffed with goat cheese served with yucca fries and more mojo. and let's not forget her hungarian potatoes and her watermelon water. If the restaurant is busy- she brings you a little vegetarian pate (at no charge) and I must say this was quite a treat. DO NOT MISS THIS LITTLE PLACE OR YOU WILL MISS THE BEST LUNCH RESTAURANT YOU HAVE EVER EATEN AT.

1 Thank littlejoni

New Jersey
“Vivian, will you adopt us? :) We loved it here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

We discovered this little gem about half way through our vacation and were hooked for the remainder of our days on the island! The Hungarian potatoes are a great place to start-- excellent flavor.. Definitely must try.. The Vivian salad is AWESOME. could be a meal- but somehow our stomachs grew while we were there and we were all able to eat more than normal.. The Cuban sandwich is to die for as well as the pork sandwich.. the vegetarian sandwich was very rich and DELIGHTFUL! This restaurant must be visited on any trip to isla.. We miss you already Vivian and can't wait to see you again!!

Austin, Texas
“DON'T MISS THIS!!!!!!! YUM!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Qubano's is a find! The Toston is divine, the salads sumptuous, the Cuban sandwich would make Castro defect ! Everything is delicious. Don't miss the Hungarian potatoes if she is making them that day. There is something for everyone, kids included (try the yuca fries!). I've eaten there about ten times and have loved every morsel. I'm a "foodie" who seeks out great places to eat all over the world and can tell you this place matches some of the best. It closes at 5pm, no dinners. But even perfection needs some time off.

Quebec City, Canada
“Unique, charming and most of all delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

We have spent vacations in Cuba and are always are dissappointed in the food. We come to Isla Mujueres, Mexico and have Great Cuban food?! Qubano's is charming, unique and delicious. We had the fresh watermelon water, Hungarian potatoes, and split the Tostono and Torta Cubana Tortas (sandwiches). Our best meal yet on Isla. Don't miss it!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Plantain and yucca rule”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Best sandwich and salad! I enjoyed every morsel! So worth rearranging our day to get into town before 5 so we could experience this restaurant