“DON'T MISS THIS!!!!!!! YUM!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“DON'T MISS THIS!!!!!!! YUM!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Qubano's is a find! The Toston is divine, the salads sumptuous, the Cuban sandwich would make Castro defect ! Everything is delicious. Don't miss the Hungarian potatoes if she is making them that day. There is something for everyone, kids included (try the yuca fries!). I've eaten there about ten times and have loved every morsel. I'm a "foodie" who seeks out great places to eat all over the world and can tell you this place matches some of the best. It closes at 5pm, no dinners. But even perfection needs some time off.

Quebec City, Canada
“Unique, charming and most of all delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

We have spent vacations in Cuba and are always are dissappointed in the food. We come to Isla Mujueres, Mexico and have Great Cuban food?! Qubano's is charming, unique and delicious. We had the fresh watermelon water, Hungarian potatoes, and split the Tostono and Torta Cubana Tortas (sandwiches). Our best meal yet on Isla. Don't miss it!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Plantain and yucca rule”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Best sandwich and salad! I enjoyed every morsel! So worth rearranging our day to get into town before 5 so we could experience this restaurant

Austin, Texas
“Back in Isla, Back to Qubano's Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

The food at Vivian's Qubano restaurant is excellent!!! Her Cuban sandwich is perfect, the Hungarian potatoes to die for, the big Vivian salad is delicious, the vegetarian sandwich is yummy, the burger is GREAT! And then there is "The Toston Sandwich", as I was asking Vivian less than an hour ago, "Can you copyright this?"
I am back in Isla and my first stop was Qubano's for a toston sandwich fix. Been there every day for another chance to enjoy the excellent food Vivian serves her guests.
Vivian's Qubano Restaurant and Isla's North Beach...Yes, there is a paradise

Hockessin, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Toston sandwich to "die for"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from a 7 day anniversary vacation in Isla Mujeres. Yes, this is a paradise and Quabano's restaurant just added to the magic of the visit. We had heard about the Toston sandwich, which I could not picture! But oh my gosh, it was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted! I was born in Cuba but have lived in the US most of my life. I have never lost the taste for tostones or any of the latin banana recipes. This sandwich was utterly delicious with the "mojo" (sauce) and the carmelized onions and, oh my gosh the bananas comprise the "bread' part of the sandwich! Tough to describe, but not to be missed if you go to Isla. Everything you have heard about the proprietess and her fabulous food are oh so true. My husband at the Cuban sandwich, which also exceeded the exacting standards of a Cuban. Do not miss this restaurant if you visit this Paradise!