“Best food on the island!”
Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 206 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Tulsa
“Best food on the island!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Simply said, the service is amazing and the recipes are out of this world!!! It's a must for a visit to Isla!

Minnesota
“Mojo Si'”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Located in the center of the Playa Norte restaurant zone, the Qubano is just one more spot with a host trying to get you to come on in. Like most all the restaurants on Isla, get ready to pay NYC prices (it's a bit of a shock for a cheap Midwesterner). Most of the food was good, it had that Cuban Sazon to it. Tostones con ropa vieja, fried yuca, were all good, the Cuban sandwich was fair and more of a Qubano ( I'd stick with the original, why mess with perfection). The plantain sandwich was original and very tasty, but the star of the show was the Mojo. Just give me a cup of that mojo and some Cuban bread and I'd be set. I'd recommend you stop in for the plantain sandwich.

Bangor, Maine
“Kinda ish...”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went here due to recommendation for others and TA. I ordered a glass of house red wine and it was not drinkable. They replaced it with a white wine very nicely, but white is not my wine preference. Jim's Cuban sandwich was great, while my cajun shrimp dish was not anything I would return for... bland and a bit rubbery. All in all, just a mediocar meal. Would not hurry back.

White House, Tennessee
“Excellent all the way around.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We had 8 in our party, we were well taken care of. Great mojoitos 7 of us had the Cuban sandwiches which are excellent. I tried the Hungarian potatoes and they are fabulous.

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food served by the owner”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have been to Qubano twice and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves both times. We love the personal touch that Vivian (the owner) makes in the dining experience by serving us and sharing with us her life.

On the food front, Vivian's Salad is light and refreshing, especially after a day of traveling or when you're about to embark on one. Vivian makes a mean mojito, and her veggie sandwich has a lovely garlic flavor that I devoured.

We heard her Hungarian potatoes are to die for, so that's on our list for next time we're in Isla.

Thanks for all the great conversations, Vivian!

• Visited February 2014