“Like a fine wine..”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Qubano just gets better and better. I've been eating here for years and loved it back when it was in a much smaller space with a smaller menu and you had to go next door to buy a beer. After the move into a larger space on Hidalgo and the addition of a full bar and an expanded menu, I didn't think it could get better. Wrong!

The new menu items are fantastic. We sampled the Elena Russe sandwich and the Ropa Viejo sandwich and both were out of this world delicious. Add those to my favorites, the Vegetarian sandwich, Sliders and the Vivian salad. Well..my only complaint is that it's even more difficult to chose what I want. I've tried pretty much everything on the menu and you just can't go wrong. Don't miss a plate of incredible melt in your mouth Hungarian potatoes. Really. Don't miss it. Put it on your bucket list.

There is plenty of comfy outdoor and indoor seating, the decor is beautiful and the staff is great. Vivian is the best. So, what will she do next? I can't wait to see!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Two couples spent two weeks in Isla Mujeres, this was our favorite place to eat. The owner is lovely, and truly wants you to enjoy every bite. The sandwich "Elena Russe" was so delicious, I enjoyed it four times in two weeks! Great food and service! The restrooms were the cleanest on the island. I also recommend the fresh watermelon beverage......delish!!!!! Luanne

Reviewed February 19, 2014

we have been going to Isla for 8 years now, and, we always make a point of going to see Vivian and have a Cuban and what ever else to share. its all good! best Cuban ever and the toston.....really wow!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner with 11 in our party. They were very quick to serve us. The drinks were excellent and the appetizers were delicious. The Creole Shrimp was very good as was the Cuban Sandwich. The Ropa Viejo was tasty too! Everyone said they enjoyed their meals and we all left very satisfied! The price was comparable to all the other places in that area.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Last visit we tried a variety of sandwiches and enjoyed them immensely. But the owner of this little spot - I think her name is Vivian - makes the most spectacular salad I've ever had... A very creative and tasty combination of things like avocados, chickpeas and beet curls.

Yes... keep ordering the fabulous sandwiches and burgers, but get a salad to split too. You'll be pleased!