“Excellent! Foodies paradise! And has Gluten-free!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent! Foodies paradise! And has Gluten-free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had lunch there... 5 times! We felt we should try elsewhere, which we did, but Qubano's freshness and deliciousness kept bringing us back. My friend needs gluten-free and Qubano makes the most amazing sandwiches using plantains instead of bread... I am not gluten-free, but the toston and Cuban sandwiches made with plantains instead of bread was a miracle in my mouth! Had that salty/sweet thing going for it. Kids love the food, too! And it is adorable--bright, colorful, clean, and the folks there are totally friendly and inviting. Do not miss this on your trip to Isla!

• Visited October 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

whilst in Cancun we went for a day trip to Isla Mujeres and just happened to find this place on one of the side streets. We had a fantastic lunch, my wife had the slider burgers and i went for a cheesburger and they were both amazing. A must visit in Isla Mujeres

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Evergreen, Colorado
“Delicious Toston Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

By far the best pork toston sandwich I've had, it wasn't on the menu (the one on the menu was with chicken) but I LOVE her pork, and Vivian kindly made it for me, great watermelon water and awesome Hungarian potatoes not cuban but her family's recipe and just great. Ate there at the 1st location and absolutely love the new location on the main street. If you visit isla mujeres I highly recommend you to try it out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth
“Enjoyed the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had two enjoyable meals there. I rated this place a 4. The wife thought it was a 3.

Definitely worth a try while you are on the island.

Service was great. Very good mojitos.

Visited September 2013
Anaheim, California
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Perhaps I didn't order the right thing, it was low season, or this place is just overrated, but I found nothing special about it. They were out of everything but chicken - no beef, no fish. The chicken dish I had was average at best and I did not go back during my 10 day stay.

Visited October 2013