“Delicious potatoes” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious potatoes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

It's true , the Hungarian potatoes are very good. I might mine way too fast.
Husband had sliders, were okay but not memorable.
We showed up very late on Sunday so it's possible that's why , but we were grateful the were open as a lot of restaurants were closing for the day.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was visiting Isla with some friends for a week, and we ate a lot of food in various places on the island. This one didn't disappoint. Service was good and the food was delicious and traditionally Cuban. The sandwiches were yummy, and one of them was served on plantains instead of bread, which was interestingly different, but really made the sandwich. The Ropa Vieja was great too.

Austin, Texas
“Come here for Vivian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

She is the owner and she is so passionate about the food she cooks. She came over and talked to my husband and I for quite a while which was very welcoming and pleasant. She made our mojitos herself and asked how long we were staying on the island. She told us a great place on Sundays to go listen to live Cuban music. We started off with fresh made papas fritas served with ketchup and a homemade spicy mayonnaise. My husband got the sandwich trio platter and we both agreed the tostone sandwich was the best, delicious!! I got the regular Cuban that was just as good. She told me one of her secrets is that she cooks the pork for four hours until it shreds itself. When you leave, you will not leave hungry!

Astoria, New York
“My first stop every visit to Isla!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I can't help but make Qubano's my first stop to eat every time I come to Isla. This is another place that I desperately want to order so many different things, but I can't branch out because the Cuban sandwich, Vivian's salad, and the potatoes are so amazing! One day I will try other things on the menu...I promise. :)

Visited August 2013
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the ropa vieja and it was delicious! I hear the sandwiches are great but never got back to try one.

Visited August 2013