“Excellent Mojito and Great Service”
Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Food, cocktails and service were very good. We had lunch here one day and were quickly greeted by the owner and after having read the previous reviews, I opted for a mojito and was glad I did. It was freshly made by hand by Vivian and she evenly let me video tape it. It was made with fresh mint, fresh squeezed lime juice, sugar, Bacardi rum and topped with soda water and was one of the better mojitos I have had. We split a chicken sandwich which was pretty good, I would definitely stop back in for some lunch and a Mojito.

There are newer reviews for Qubano Restaurant

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Vivian is a lovely lady with a lovely restaurant. The food is simply outstanding and the watermelon water is amazing. I highly recommend visiting Qubano!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped for a quick lunch on our recent trip and it was wonderful! We ordered the Cuban and tostones sandwiches and an order of the famous potatoes and shared. Delicious! Great location, very reasonable prices. Looking forward to our next trip to try something else on the menu!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I always eat here when we visit the island as the food and service are always 100%. We ate here twice last week for dinner. We always get the Cuban sandwich and Hungarian potatoes which are not to be missed.
This is the first time we had the mojitos here and they may be the best we've ever had.
Unfortunately we didn't get to see Vivian because we ate for dinner both times and she normally works the lunch time. See you next time!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

On our sixth trip to Isla Mujeres, we ate lunch at Qubano three times with Vivian. As we approached Qubano on our first lunch here for this trip, Vivian warmly greeted us and welcomed us back to the island and to her restaurant. It's like coming home to your mom's kitchen. Of course we ordered Vivian's Hungarian potatoes, which are unlike any potato dish we've had anywhere, and they were excellent as always. I must note that the Hungarian potatoes, while worth a visit on their own merit, are also great for curing a hangover, being the ultimate comfort food. I had the cuban sandwich; I have continued since last year's review to endeavor to find one this good in other destinations and in other restaurants, without success. This one is the best. You'll love the crispy fried plantain chips that accompany the sandwich. One order of potatoes and a sandwich each for two is more than plenty for any appetite, and I'd recommend that if you have only two people, get the Hungarian potatoes or fries but not both; the fries are delicious hand cut perfectly prepared fries served with ketchup and also spicy mayo in a generous serving. My wife had the burger, and the cheese is inside the center of the patty, as if injected with a pastry injector, which makes for a great burger. My wife loved it. On the second visit I had the Elena Russ sandwich, on the same amazing type bread as with the Cuban, but with thinly sliced prosciutto or capicola type ham, chunks of turkey breast, a light yellow-white cheese, cream cheese, and some strawberry jam. It was amazing, delicious and unlike any sandwich I've ever had. My wife had the burger again. I drank a refreshing watermelon juice with a splash of rum, a great combination. On our third visit I had the toston, which is made with grilled plantain instead of bread, filled with chopped chicken, and covered with Vivian's olive oil/lightly sauteed onion preparation which she brings to the table and ladles onto your toston. The light sweetness of the plantain with the white onion combine with the tasty chicken to make a flavorful but refreshing alternative to a "bread" type "sandwich" especially when having lunch in this tropical climate. Vivian's warm smile and her commitment to making her delicious dishes with love makes this one of our top picks for a casual, relaxing lunch on Isla Mujeres.