“An amazing experience…TWICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Qubano Restaurant

Qubano Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York, New York, United States
“An amazing experience…TWICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Qubano was one of if not THE best restaurant I visited while I was in Isla Mujeres 2 weeks ago. My dad ordered the traditional Cuban sandwich and I had the ingenious pork sandwich with sweet plantains as a substitute for the bread. It was to die for. The drinks were amazing as well. Each time we visited Qubano we were greeted by the more than gracious owner Vivian. She made sure we were happy, gave us guidance on Isla Mujeres, and engaged us in amicable conversation. The next time I return to Isla Mujeres, you can be sure that the first meal I have will be at Qubano.

michigan
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ate here twice for takeout lunch in April. Had the cuban sandwich both times along with the hungarian potatoes and frozen limeade. Everything was delicious and the owner was delightful.

Columbus, Ohio
“Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ate there 2 times in my last trip , I had the cuban sandwich the first time in 2011 and was very good but this time the pork was diferent too salty and the second time I had Chicken Tostones they were good but very small for $120.00 pesos I love platains and they are like bananas very cheap so 2 small tostones for that kind of money and does'nt come with rice or salad nothing so we paid too much and was hungry like I didnt eat nothing.Sorry I loved it the first time but not this time.

1 Thank Verito23
Toronto, Canada
“Best food & service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had the sample trio of sandwiches because they all sounded so good. One of the signature dishes - the Toston sandwich - was nothing short of a religious experience: fried plantain, caramelized onions and the juiciest chicken. The perfect combination of flavours. Pulled pork sandwich was amazing too. Not drenched in sauce like i'm use to having it - it was seasoned perfectly and cooked to highlight the pork, not hide it. Viviene's salad and the Yucca fries are also must haves. I'm pretty sure that Viviene herself was serving us. She gave us other great restaurant recommends too. Will have to go back before i head home. I may have dreamed of the Toston sandwich last night...

Acworth, Georgia
“Best mojitos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were starving after a long day of traveling and decided to try Qubano...BEST mojito I've ever had! The food was good too. I had the pork sandwich and my husband had the cuban. Vivian suggested the Hungarian potatoes for the baby and he liked them too. We stopped by here almost every night and either sat on the patio for mojitos or got them to go.